Constant sore throat and hard time talking
For the last six months I have had a constant dry mouth and throat, a sore throat, choking, and a hard time to swallow and speak. Sometimes it gets so bad, that you can't understand what I say. It gets frustrating when no one can understand what I am saying. I went to the doctors about five weeks ago and she thought that it was acid reflex disease and told me it would be best if I didn't eat anything acidic and I am taking an acid reflex pill; but it doesn't seem to be helping. So what do you think this could be?
Thanks,
Roger
Hello and hope you are doing well.
Your symptoms of difficulty swallowing and throat dryness could all be attributed to GERD, (Gastro Esophageal Reflux Disease), where the acid contents of the stomach come up into the esophagus. Since medications don't seem to be helping much why don't you try life style measures? Take frequent small meals. Eat dinner about two hours before sleeping. Elevate the head end of the bed. Keep a food diary and note down what aggravates your symptoms and avoid them. Ensure to maintain optimum weight by regular exercise. Avoid non steroidal  anti inflammatory medications NSAID's, quit smoking, eliminate alcohol and reduce stress levels. These measures need to be practiced long term for results.
Hope this helped and do keep us posted.