Cough leads to extreme airway blockage
First time posting here so bare with me..
Quick background on me, 30 male, VERY occasional slight asthma (which i just keep a OTC inhaler around for), decent shape, I would say fairly healthy..
Recently had a cold that may have been Bronchitis, it included voice raspiness and coughing (with mucus discharge) which lasted about 8-10 days.. Just recently I've started to get better, voice is back and I very rarely cough. The last couple night I've had 3 incidence where I was in bed watching TV laying at about a 45 degree angle when I coughed (not very hard) and my airway was almost immediately about 95% blocked with what felt like mucus. I kept trying to clear my throat but doing that while fighting for air is very difficult. I cant tell if me repeaditly trying to clear my throat is what actually clears or just time clears it. The attacks last about 30 sec's and scare both me and my girlfriend. Just maybe looking for some suggestions on what this might be and what I can do when/if it happens again.

Thanks in advance..
Did you ever get resolution to your choking symptoms back in 2010?