Ear, Nose & Throat Community
Cough with fluid

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

Cough with fluid

I have had a cough for 3 weeks now. It started immediately after I had thrown up for a couple of days. Now 3 weeks later when I cough with my mouth closed I get like water in my nose, I  have had a steriod shot 2 weeks ago, as well as prednizone, then this week I have started an inhaler. I had a chest x ray come back negative. I am scheduled for a cat scan this week. What is going on?
  • cough (1 replies):
    i been goughing for one month and days.i donĀ“t know what...[more]
  • cough
    hello, I am having cough on & off for almost 3 m...[more]
  • chonic cough (3 replies):
    i been having a chonic cough for 4 months went to the ...[more]
  • Cough (1 replies):
    Cronic cough for several years. Xray ok, Alergy ok, Ashm...[more]
  • Pharyngitis or GERD (2 replies):
    http://www.bettermedicine.com/category/ear-nose-and-th...[more]
Avatar dr f tn
Hello and hope you are doing well.

The other causes for long term cough besides asthma are GERD and post nasal drip from allergies. GERD is gastro esophageal reflux disease where the stomach acids come back into the esophagus and spill into the wind pipe causing cough. Treatment with antacids will help neutralize the acids. Post nasal drips can occur with sinusitis and throat infections. Giving up cigarettes will abolish smoker's cough in 90% of people. Talk to your GP about the other causes for cough in the meantime you could try warm salt water gargles and breathing exercises.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.