Ear, Nose & Throat Community
Coughing Up Phlegm, Sore Throat, Sick?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Coughing Up Phlegm, Sore Throat, Sick?

Okay so it started almost half a week ago I'd say.. I wasn't feeling sick at all, but for some reason I just started coughing up a lot of phlegm.. clearish to yellow colored.  I don't smoke cigarettes, only on the occassional weekend.  I do smoke pot.

Anyways I thought the phelgm coughing up mighta been caused by some resin I was smoking, but they said that was black phlegm, not clearish yellow...

So a few days pass of coughing up phlegm, and now I'm sitting here.. irritated... i had the chills last night, I woke up several times.. coughing and sweating just about everytime.  My throat is killing me.. I don't cough up phlegm as often, its more of a dry cough now with some phlegm every now and then.  I'm coughing every 5 minutes at least it seems and it just feels like my throat is being ripped apart.  I decided I'd quit smoking pot until this passes, as I was doing so the other night and it just hurt really bad too.

Anyways any advice?  Do I just have a sore throat that needs to pass?  I'm thinking of picking up some throat spray today... I tried all the other remedies.. cough drops, salt water gargling, and so on.  I still don't really feel all that sick besides being really hot right now and having severe throat pain.

Been going on for a few days now.. it seems like coughing up phlegm has given me a sore throat.. but what about the chills and sweating?