Coughing Up Phlegm, Sore Throat, Sick?
Okay so it started almost half a week ago I'd say.. I wasn't feeling sick at all, but for some reason I just started coughing up a lot of phlegm.. clearish to yellow colored.  I don't smoke cigarettes, only on the occassional weekend.  I do smoke pot.

Anyways I thought the phelgm coughing up mighta been caused by some resin I was smoking, but they said that was black phlegm, not clearish yellow...

So a few days pass of coughing up phlegm, and now I'm sitting here.. irritated... i had the chills last night, I woke up several times.. coughing and sweating just about everytime.  My throat is killing me.. I don't cough up phlegm as often, its more of a dry cough now with some phlegm every now and then.  I'm coughing every 5 minutes at least it seems and it just feels like my throat is being ripped apart.  I decided I'd quit smoking pot until this passes, as I was doing so the other night and it just hurt really bad too.

Anyways any advice?  Do I just have a sore throat that needs to pass?  I'm thinking of picking up some throat spray today... I tried all the other remedies.. cough drops, salt water gargling, and so on.  I still don't really feel all that sick besides being really hot right now and having severe throat pain.

Been going on for a few days now.. it seems like coughing up phlegm has given me a sore throat.. but what about the chills and sweating?
Also haven't had much of an appetite at all.. I think I'd be lucky to say I've eaten 1 good sized meal each of the last two days.
You could either have the flu, or more likely, some sort of infection.  Since you were coughing up colored sputum, the likelihood of infection is higher.

I would suggest that you see your doctor and see about getting a throat swab done to rule out strep throat and perhaps a chest xray to rule out bronchitis or pneumonia.

The chills/sweating are more than likely caused by fever - have you checked your temperature?

I hope you feel better soon!

P.S.  It won't hurt to try a throat spray until you can get in to see the doctor, but you really should be checked - you very well may need an antibiotic.