Ear, Nose & Throat Community
Crawling sensation in the ear

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

Crawling sensation in the ear

I have had a crawling sensation in my left ear off and on for 2 years. It started out that I'd feel it only at night when I laid on my left side.  Now it comes as goes all day long.  Now it's almost constant. It is getting worse and now it feels as if I'm losing my hearing in that ear.  Just 2 days ago out of nowhere it sounded like I went into a vacuum.  I can still hear, but it sounds like my ears need to pop.  Sometimes my ear will hurt, but not like an ear ache.  Today for the first time my jaw on that side was sore.  I'm worried I'm losing my hearing.  I've been on prescription ear drops, nasal spray and now a 10 day antibiotic.  I have 6 days left on it and my ear is still not right at all.  Nothing seems to be working at all.  any suggestions?  This is really starting to bother me and I cannot sleep on my right side because my ear starts getting that crawling sensation again.  thanks
I went to the doctor today about my crawling sensation.  I was told the wax was minimal in my ears and like hands,etc. gets dry the ear can and I was prescribed fluocinolone acetonide oil.
be careful i also had a swooshing sound and the doctor is ordering earring tests because it could be i am losing my hearing.
I have been having some ear problems and whilst researching my own I have learned a lot. To me, it sounds like you have an infection that is affecting your Eustachian Tube. That would affect your hearing and cause problems. As for the ear crawling, I cannot help you there as I know nothing about it.

Tell us any more symptoms you have and maybe somebody (or myself) can tell you more!