Ear, Nose & Throat Community
Cryptic Tonsil

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

Cryptic Tonsil

How can one permanently get rid of the white patches next to their tonsils?  I am miserable with this Cryptic Tonsil.
Avatar_dr_f_tn
How are you?  Removal of cryptic tonsils or tonsilloliths may  be managed depending upon the size, symptoms or potential to cause harm. Medications, gargle and surgical removal  such as CO2 laser cryptolysis may help. It is best that you have this checked by your doctor or ENT for proper evaluation. Take care and do keep us posted.
Hi Dr. Santos,

I have been to the ENT numerous times and all he does is suction out the white spots and it comes right back the next day.  I have asked if there are any antibiotics to help get rid of it and he said no, nothing to kill off a bacteria.  I rinse all day long with warm water and salt, then warm water and vinegar and finally end off rising with listerine.  Some times it helps and other times it does nothing for 2 weeks until I have it suction out.  I had read about the laser and mentioned it to him and he said he has never heard of lasering it out.  He offered me no other solution but suctioning it out.  

Do you know of any ENT in Las Vegas, Nevada that you can highly recommend?  My doctor is very nice but I am tired of having to deal with the cryptic tonsil as part of my life now.  Please advise.  Thank you Dr. Santos.