Ear, Nose & Throat Community
Cyst above collar bone

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

Cyst above collar bone

I have had this enlarged lymph node in my neck for about 2 years.It has gotten much bigger and I have gone to see my Dr.He then sent me to a surgeon and I proceeded to have a CT scan with and w/out contrast,mammogram,and ultrasound.........The CT came back suspicious for the enlarged Lymph Node...I have had a biopsy done with 9 needles on this 1 lymph node. The problem is that the Radiologist that performed the biopsy w/ ultrasound said when he first saw it on the screen that it was a cyst.......Until he tried to get something out of it and got nothing but blood.So then he tells me he could be wrong and they called the Pathologist into the room and then he looks at the samples ans comes asking me if i have night sweats,and if i have been feeling good.............Can anyone speculate on what is going on.
Thank You in advance