Ear, Nose & Throat Community
Cyst in sphenoid sinus

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

Cyst in sphenoid sinus

Hi I was wondering if anyone else has ever had a cyst in the sphenoid sinus? I had a pituitary tumor removed in 2005 and this cyst just so happens to be one of the potential risks that may occur down the road. I go see the neurosurgeon on Monday to determine if he needs to go in and drain it. It was spotted on my yearly required MRI's and I do have symptoms of severe pain, dizziness and pressure.

Just wonder if anyone else has been in the same situation.
Anyone???
Avatar n tn
Hi, I also have a sphenoid cyst about 14mm in size, and I've had to deal with the dizziness and pressure for months. It seems crazy that a tiny sac of mucous can cause so many issues but I'm having it removed and hopefully fix the problem... I'm curious what did you end up doing for yours?
Well mine luckily ruptured on its own. I still ended up in the hosp as the pain was so bad. Once that was all over I was back to my normal self.

Good Luck!!  Let me know how it goes.
I to have a cyst in the sphenoid sinus.. and I too hae had my pituitary gland removed.. what meds are you on?? any luck getting preg??