Ear, Nose & Throat Community
Damage after being choked?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

Damage after being choked?

I was in an abusive relationship and my BF choked me several times.  I am finding it hard to swallow, food seems to get stuck in my throat all the time now.  Is it possible this is damage from the choking?

I have also been diagnosed with hyperparathyroidism.  Could it be that an elarged parathyroid would cause this?
Same thing happen to me. I was choked and now I have bad neck pain and a very hard time swallowing... sometimes is seems as if my throat will get locked up. Thinking about going to the hospital, but wanted to research before wasting my time in the ER.
it is not a waste of time honey being strangled is a serious thing your neck is very important its connected to your heart and brain i have a bad heart from being strangled by my sons dad get it checked xxxx
My bf just choked me 3 times & now on the left side of my neck is in pain .. Whats wrong ??
This is ironic. I complained to my doctor that my throat feels achy and as if it is closing up and is scratchy and it has been hard to swallow. I have also been hoarse. I wrap up tight in the cold weather to be careful not to get sick, since I am taking anti rejection drugs from receiving a heart transplant a little over a year ago. A few days past 3 weeks ago, my long time now ex-boyfriend went off into some kind of fanatical rage and choked my larynx by depression for about 30 to 40 seconds. I thought I was going to die. I called the police and now that he has been arrested, all of a sudden he has voluntary memory lapse of choking me. When it happened, I went to the emergency room to get checked out since he had also hit me with a fisted hand to the face several times. My right eye had the most damage and I thought it was specifically from the strikes to my face. I had multiple people inform me that this is what happens when a person is choked  and the blood vessels in your eyes begin to burst.  I have also experienced a blood clot in some mucus coughed from my throat. I will need to contact my doctor again to find out what toll this might take on my new transplant. I did a search about the clot because nothing like that has ever happened before and I figured it might have something to do with the choking incident.
I feel like the hard to swallow thing is a physical reaction to daily anxiety. I feel like my esophagus need adjusted sometime and it's crunchy. I had neck problems before really being choked hard.
it has been afew days but I was choked and now I have had such a hard time swallowing.  this is not the first time but I was not choked that hard the first few.  I am not into that stuff. we were arguing and then he comes at me like he wants to kill me.
My boyfriend chocked me twice today really hard my throat is sore and I'm scared that the pain going to get worse.