Ear, Nose & Throat Community
Deaf in one ear

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

Deaf in one ear

Okay my question what would be my risk of losing hearing if i go to a concert?... I have never gone to one since i am deaf in one ear and suppose to take care of it. What are some recommendations to reduce the possible injury of my other one? oh yea I was either born without the hearing or it was bad ear infections. doctors notice when I was five.
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hello and hope you are doing well.

In an entity called noise induced hearing loss, the  hearing loss is due to exposure to either a sudden, loud noise or exposure to loud noises for a period of time. A dangerous sound is anything that is 85 dB or higher. In a concert am not sure of the decibel levels. But it is best for you, if you are tested repeatedly and are taking adequate precautions.  

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.