Ear, Nose & Throat Community
Desperate for answers to ear related dizziness

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

Hi - I am a 51-year-old female.  Three months ago (end of January 2009) I began to have symptoms of a severe sinusitis attack.  After various doctor visits, I went to an ENT in February who diagnosed me with eustachian tube dysfunction and recommended ear tubes to allow my eustachian tubes to have time to work correctly again.  For the last three months I have also suffered continuous dizziness/lightheadedness with extreme fatigue and a feeling of head 'fuzziness'.  

I tried some alternative treatments for the dizziness, to no avail.  I am now scheduled to go in on May 18 to get ear tubes inserted.  I would love to have the following questions answered:

Because the nature of my dizziness/fatigue seems to stem from my eustachian tube dysfunction, will the ear tubes equalize the trapped air/fluid (whichever one it is) behind my ear drums to the extent that it will rid me of this dizziness/fatigue?

Is there any possibility at all that the ear tubes could for whatever reason make my dizziness worse?

I just want my life back - I am not the same happy person I was three months ago and I desperately need to feel like I have a chance, with the ear tube surgery, to get my life back.  Any responses would be very much appreciated.
I tell everyone with eustation tube dysfunction to see a chiropractor before getting tubes put in. There are so many risks that can come with the tubes, but I'm sure you know that. At least just go for a consultation. They can adjust the cervical vertebrae that are probably pinching the eustation tubes which is trapping fluid and air. It worked for my daughter. So I just though  I'd share.