Ear, Nose & Throat Community
Diuretic for inner ear fluid

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

Diuretic for inner ear fluid

Does anyone know how long it takes a diuretic and low sodium diet to help get rid of inner ear fluid.  I have been on it for five weeks and see no improvement.  The dr. is treating it like Meniere's disease but says it is just fluid from allergies.
I would say if you've been on the diuretics and low sodium diet for five weeks now you should have seen improvement if there was goign to be some from it.  If your doctor is telling you the fluid is from allergies, I would think that something more along the line of a decongestant (or possibly an antihistamine, but more likely the decongestant) would be more helpful - but of course, I'm no doctor, so please don't change, stop, add, adjust any medications without first checking with your doctor.

I hope you feel better soon!