Ear, Nose & Throat Community
Dizziness Mostly when lying down and turning head.
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Dizziness Mostly when lying down and turning head.

For the past 3 months I have had sudden dizziness mostly when lying down and changing position or turning my head. It lasts only a split second and goes away. It seems to be worse when my ears are plugged or I am sort of yawning. Some days I do have a slight off balance feeling when upright but nothing too bad. I have taken sudafed and nasonex with no results. Im thinking maybe it could be BVVP I think is what it is called, but could it last this long? I have no health insurance so I am reluctant to go to an ENT. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
I am not a doctor, but it could be BPPV.  You could try some Meclizine 25 mg. (Dramamine, over the counter), and see if it helps.  Also, you could go online and check out the Epley Maneuver and try doing the exercises for "at Home".  You can ryt some Brandt/Daroff exercises, or something like that also.  Hope you feel better.
Blank
Hello and hope you are doing well.

Benign paroxysmal positional vertigo (BPPV), is an entity in which with movement of the head the person is likely to get dizziness. This happens because of a disorder of the labyrinth system in the inner ear. It can get affected due to head injuries, surgeries, nerve inflammations and as a side effect to medications. In a majority of cases the cause is not known. It is diagnosed by a physical examination and sometimes blood tests, a CT and MRI and audiology tests can further help with diagnosis.  Therapy is with diazepam and OTC meclizine. Other measures which help are elevating the head end of the bed, drinking plenty of fluids, avoiding sudden movements of the head and taking precautions with driving during an attack. If your symptoms worsen, please consult your doctor for an evaluation.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Ear, Nose & Throat Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank