Ear, Nose & Throat Community
Dizziness/Off Balance Feeling

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

Dizziness/Off Balance Feeling

I have had symptoms of anxiety. For the past few months. But, I also have dizziness. The dizziness happens at different times of the day, even with out the panic attacks. Sometimes I could be doing nothing at all. I could be laying down, trying to relax and I get dizzy. I have had lots of blood work done for anemia, blood counts, TSH- all normal. Except the iron was slightly low. I have had that for the past 3 years and never had dizziness because of it. Could this be from my ears. A few weeks ago I was putting in some Chistmas lights and as I came up I felt like I was going to loose my balance. It scared me so much.At times I feel dizzy while I am laying down, and that scares me.  I even went to the ER, they did a CT scan, and sent me home with a patch behind my ear. Could it be my ears. I have ringing in my ears every few days, left and right. I don't have alergies (allergies) though.A few weeks ago my ears kept popping. Then it stopped. I had a anxiety attack a few weeks ago and the dizziness stopped for a few days, but came back. I also have warm fuzzy sensations in my head, like it tingles, from time to time. I am going to the DR in a couple of weeks for a check up. What should I ask him to check next, this dizziness is controlling my life, I feel like I am going to pass out all the time. I am scared to be alone if I do pass out because all my kids are under 5 yrs old. What should my next step be, maybe a ENT? Thank you.
What was the patch for?  Look at the paperwork the hospital gave you.  Could be meneirs(sp?) disease or middle ear infection.  Could be blood pressure problems.  Do you have any other symtoms (symptoms) that you don't think are related?  The more you can tell us the more suggestions we can come up with.
Thank you for the quick reply. The patch was Transderm SCOP-Patch, but he only gave 3, and said it was for short term use. That was the ER Doctor. He also gave me meclizine, but since the anxiety attack at the DR.s office, I was given ATIVAN, so I only take the ATIVAN when I have panic attacks. That is what the doctor told me to do.Which has only been 3 times, So I haven't used the patch anymore. While using the patch, I still felt the dizziness.I felt like i was about to loose my balance, but didn't. Even my feet and toes would curl and tingle like they new they were going to loose there balance but didn't. It was weird.I have however, been taking daily vitamin supplements and eating better, and taking my iron. It has been 3 weeks. But the dizziness is still persistent. Thats why I think it could be my inner ears. I know that with the anxiety comes dizziness, but the dizziness come with out the anxiety. The dizziness started well before the panic attacks. I also want to mention the the DR. said I have gallstones, but they would just monitor these, and that they didn't have anything to do with the anxiety and dizziness.  I have lost alot of weight about 30lbs, through this whole deal, which is great but unusual for me, and I am still losing my hair, but i am blaming this on my pregnancy-postpardum. Could it be my ears, maybe and inner ear infection or something. My doctor told me in August I had a small bit of fluid in my ears, but never said anything about it again. Could this be something they might have missed? Or is this something completely different, like my hormones? I am so lost. But the dizziness has got to be from something, It is driving me crazy. Thanks so much for any advice.
Also,I forgot to mention, blood pressure is good,and the doc did a EKG, said heart looks good, palpataions, thats why I was diagnoised with anxiety, but good since then. Every time I have been back to the doctor my blood pressure has been normal, heart beats at about 60/bpm, give or take.
I hate to ask, but did the ER doc. even look into your ears(really good)? Do you have fevers at all?  It really does sound like ear infection; you can have infection with & without fever.  Have you tried any ear cleaning kits for wax build-up)  You could try putting just a tiny bit (2,3 drops) a rubbing alcohol in each ear to dry up any water that maybe there. It will hurt a bit. Then do the same with peroxide, you'll hear it bubbling.  Don't use cotton swabs in your ears. But the best advise I have is see an ENT doctor. Or a regular doc. that takes time to search every turn and curve of your ears. If nothing is found, maybe see a neurologist?
It sure does sound like an inner ear thing to me.  I have similar problems for the past year.  I get dizzy, but for the most part is is kind of a spacey feeling, like I am there, but not really there.  Since this has began, I have had anxiety and the panic feeling from time to time, but according to the neurologist, this is part of the parcel that comes with an inner ear thing.  Along with the spacey feeling, I get an upset stomach, and there are times when I wake up I feel like I am hungover. Some vision problems, loud noises drive me crazy ( I have a 15 year old that likes the new "screamer music" - oh yeah!! Headaches, and fatigue. The neurologist confirmed all of these symptoms as that of an inner ear disorder.  He asked me if I had had surgery lately, which I did (gall bladder) - which he explained can cause inner ear disorder..(I did not ask why, and wish that I had, as I certainly do not see the connection).

He thinks that I might have BPPV.  Look this up on the web, and you will get a good exlanation as to what it is.  Also you will find a couple of exersises that can be done at home to help leviate the problem.  They have helped - however with BPPV you get a spinning feeling, not just dizziness, and it usually occurs when you lay down - both of which is not the case for me.  with this, I am now scheduled to see an ear specialist to narrow down what is going on.

The neuroligist also put me on Ativan - one to slow down the anxiety caused by the disorder, and also, this type of drug slows down the nervous system, and also desenstizes the nerves in the inner ear, reducing symptoms - I agree, it does.

Hope this helps, kinda scary stuff for sure,
Thank you for the comment.I am on Ativan also for anxiety, but I only use it when I feel anxious. Which is all the time, but have only used the medicine 3 times. I hope to see an ear specialist soon too. I have gall stones, but the two are not linked, from what the doctor says. I did however just have a baby which was surgery. There maybe something to that. But thanks, and I hope you and I feel better soon. I can't wait to feel normal again,whatever that is, Right? Thanks again.
Iwas exactly the same as you. Up and down to the doctors who constantly told me it was anxiety. I collapsed last October and had 10 days in hospital. The doctors still said they couldn't find anything wrong so i asked to be referred to ENT, where they did a CALORIC TEST on me which confirmed i was having severe vertigo attacks. Since then i have been under the ent guys and i diagnosis has been extended to Menieres disease. When i have an attack i go very dizzy, everything moves, i feel sick, and sometimes vomit, and i have tinnitusand hyperacusis which is when everything is louder than usual.I take stemetil, WHICH IS NOT A NICE TABLET, BUT IT SEEMS TO WORK. My attacks can last for days and days, and i feel really "hungover" after them, well and truly knackered. Had an attack this morning, sat up in bed and had to lay straight back down again.HORRENDOUS!!!!!!    
I have put up with these same symptoms 9 mo11 mo ago my Bloodpressure stated to fluxuate up down ended up in hosp was cramping arms tingling could not talk or walk limbs were weak the I was sent to dr and he kept increasing same b/p pill finally hr changed it while in hosp got these dizzy spells worse whai i got out only i can not lay on back a certain place on lowere l back of head when something touches it like pillow sharp pains then head starts spinng i jump up quick hear beating like atom tom i cant go to beauty shop it puts my head on the left side aand it starts again cant look up finall went to neuroligist the tests they gave ne almosst done me in because i hurt in left  ear anyway they sai BPPV they did what supposed to be cure said i would feel great anyway i had to wear soft neck brace and sit in chair and not bend head 48 hours needless to say it never worked money wasted it has to do with inner ear so after a lot of docters i am going back to an an ent docter i also was having anxiety who woulnt with all of this   good luck to you i have had to sleep on my sides 9 mo now     you are a lot younger than me so maybe they can help you.                           jo

dizzytart--you sure have it tough--how terrible. Does anyone in your family have this disorder?

The inner ear can cause dizziness. I had a labyrinthitis 2 1/2 years ago (horrible). A virus
attacks the nerves in the inner ear --doctors do not know why. I do not want to go on about
it because it scared me so much. I always had anxiety/depression and this put it up a notch.
The inner ear has a nerve that connects to the brain that controls depression/anxiey, nausea.
This was pointed out to me by an ENT specialist. Our inner ears also controls balance and
when there a mixed signals it can cause dizziness. I went to a balance clinic and was told
I had compensated from the labs and had no bppv. But I am still dizzy 24/7. I have been
taking ativan---but thought maybe that is what is making me more dizzy. My head spins inside
and I rock and wobble when I walk. The doctor said it might be phobic postual vertigo.
People who suffer from depression/anxiety, ocd, ptsd can get this even when the initial illness
is gone. The dizziness is driving me crazy. I cry all the time. Family and friends tend to get
worn out by it all. I am in menopause and it comes with its symptoms. What a roller-coaster.
If it was not for forums like these whatever would we do. Anxiety and depression cause dizziness
as well. Well one is suppose to be positive and keep busy but it can be tough sometimes.
I despise this darn dizziness and anxiety it is like a shadow.
thanks ever so much for responding to my writing, it makes me feel "less alone".I didn't know about the nerve to the brain from the ear, but now you've said it i can understand why the stemetil works, because apparantly that is supposed to suppress the nerves in my ears. You sound like you've got enough on your plate yourself. It makes me laugh how a doctor who doesn't really , fully understand what is wrong with you is quick to offer a diagnosis of stress and anxiety. I think that more often than not its because we aren't being listened to in the first place that we get stressed. My mom went through menopause a while a go, i'll be doing the same myself soon. The thing is, she found a herbal remedy which really worked for her, i'll find out what it's called and i'll let you know. As far as your dizziness is concerned, i am on the same page as you babe, just try to stay sane, it's not easy i know. I feel like i'm walking on sponge,i know the dizziness is inside my head but it's something you cannot understand unless you've ever had it, is it? My doctor said i must not let it change my life, well it has and it does on a daily basis. That is the sort of comment you expect from someone who's never had a dizzy day in their life. It was lovely to hear from someone so sympathetic to me, and if you ever need to de-stress, i look at the website every couple of days, please write and i'll listen to you. KEEP SAFE!!!!!!!  
Well thank goodness we can have a good vent and moan about ourselves
it is not good to have it all bottled up inside. I hope you are having a better day
today. I am coming off ativan right now and with it comes all sorts of lovely withdrawal
symtoms (symptoms). Well it seems we are darned if do and darned if we don't with some of these
medications.lol Oh well sometimes one has to have a chuckle about it all, saves us
from going completely mad. As for this dizziness changing our lives-it most certainly
does. Let them walk, or should I say wobble in our shoes for awhile then they will
understand. I use to be sooo active now some days I am like a sloth. I am totally
understanding of your situation--Be kind to yourself!
Maybe it would be a good idea to book and appointment
with and ENT. Also see your doctor about having some
lab work done to see how your hormones are on the scale.
I have suffered from anxiety, panic attacks, depression
since young and I tell you when we get older our symptoms
start changing and things cab excerberate. But you have
control Vicky--keep strong, fight the fight till you find the
answer. Dizziness is something doctors sometimes do
not want to deal with. I get strange sensations in my head
too---especially since I had labs---. Take care
I have the same problem too.  I went to the ER due to being dizzy and off balance and was told that its an Ear issue caused by a virus.  I was givin the same meds

Does anyone on here have a cat?  Cat litter and or Mold will cause this.  Remove yourself from your location for a week or longer where its new, or goto AZ where its dry.  Symptoms should go away.  I hope this helps you too.
My husband had dizziness very badly.  Had all the tests, MRI, balance tests, hearing tests, doc said inner ear virus from years ago did damage, injured the nerve.  Well, he had all the symptoms of B12 deficiency, so I gave him a huge oral dose of B12 along with all the other B vitamins.  He is better.  No more dizziness.   He is a smoker and I found out that smoking destroys B12.  Also we are mostly vegan.  He had no test for B12.  It is safe to take.  He took Blast B12 by Vita-Logic. It has a dose of 5000mcg of B12.  Make sure you take all the other B vits too so you don't get a defieciency in the other B's.
my name is  saranda, i have ringing in my ears, my vision messes up all the time, i feel like i am off half of the time. its like iam here but iam not. iam tired alot and feel like iam gonna pass out alot. yes i too have anxiety. my eyes always feel tired  and my head and temples bother me too.the joints in my ears hurt. tingling in head, and goes numb in places.  
I'm 40 years old and recently gave birth to my second son in October 2008. I was a stem cell donor (via blood)  for my brother in late December 2008. Since the stem cells, I have been feeling "off balace" and dizzy most of the time. Went to see my primary care doctor and she gave me Meclizine 25 mg. It did not work. It made me to drowsy to care for my family. Then I went to my neurologist. He gave me Valium to try. I was taking 1 mg per day at night. After one week or so, my dizzies got worst and I started to feel nausea. I now have stopped taking Valium. I'm schedule for an MRI in a few weeks. My neurologist thinks it is anxiety and that I should try anti-depression meds. Any suggestions?
ive been feeling that all i have left is a life in doors through off ballance and dizziness,also when you bend your head to read ,you almost fall into the book.my ears feals like they are explodeing with pressure the same as my head,vision gets interupted,i know i have itheritis in the kneck,they put it down to that,but i know for sure its not ,nise to know ime not alone,hope to hear from you all more,from a fed up janet.
I have all of these symptoms, ringing in the ear, numbness/tingling in the head, blurred vision, off balance/dizziness and the pressure build up in one ear. I have been to all kinds of doctors. It may be TMJ is the latest for me. I have had this off and on for three years. Sometimes I think its do to sinuses. I hate to fell this way. I'm glad I came across this forum. I was bringing to think that I'm nuts. I wish you all well. This is no fun.

I am glad I am not the only one. I just started feeling this. I had found out that I lost my son on May 28, due to a blood clot in my placenta then I panicked thinking I had a blood clot somewhere in my body. Then I was getting a lot of pressure in my ears and then i had these really weird warm feelings in my head along with tingleing. I went to the ER it came uo clean. Then I went to a ENT and they said I had some fluid in the bone area in my ear so they putme on a sterroid. I haven't finished this yet but I still have the tingles. I went to my PCP and he said I was all tense and I will start my muscle relaxer today. I am starting to thing it is part anxiety and stress/ ear issue. It freaks me out because most ppl think i am crazy. Have you found out anything new?
I have this problem of feeling off balance and dizzy for awhile now, over 2 years to be exact...i got a bad cold over 2 years ago and my ears never stopped popping and always feel stuffy.  They pop all the time. ive been to several docs and one said it was fluid and the other said its allergies...im at a loss...it gets really bad when i exercise, its like im dizzy and off balance for like 2 hours when i finish working out, why is this and what could this be..

thanks
I have had a fullness in my right ear for the past two years. When I first had the fulness sensation I was flying on a plane and the ear just clogged up. I went to the doctor and they gave me some spray. It did not work. After a month or so I ended up going to an ENT. They did a hearing test and everything seemed to be fine. They had me do an MRI also, which also came up clear. They never called me back and said it would probably just go away. A year and a half later...it still did not go away. So I went to an Allergist thinking it was allergies. They said I was allergic to cats, dogs, and dust mites, gave me a steroid and said to wait and see what happens. Nothing did. They sent me to another ENT. He put me on Hydro-chloro-thyazide (spelling). About this time I tore my knee up also. I went into have surgery and when I woke up I had this horrible dizziness feeling. It has now been 6 months from the knee surgery and I am still horribly dizzy, Maybe dizzy isn't the right word....I feel sometimes like I am rocking. I have asked my fiancee if I am indeed rocking and she can't see it at all. I have been to a neurologist and he has done a number of tests and he can;t find anything wrong. Since I am getting married, I work in finance, and I have a number of other things going on....he thought it was stress. He also thought my seratonin levels were off. So he suggested 5 mg of Lexapro to see what happens. It has been 3 months since I started on the Lexapro. Nothing has changed and I am now up to 40 mg. I am not depressed and I never have been, Also in the past 4 months my ulcerative collitis has come back (diagnosed 10 years ago). My GI said he has never heard of ulcerative collitis causing the balance problems and dizziness/rocking feeling. I decided to go to my third ENT just last week. He thinks I may have had a virus in my ear two years ago and since it wasn't treated correctly the fullness never went away and may never go away. But he said that wouldn't cause the balance and rocking problems. He is ordering me to do another, more stringent, balance test and to see my MRI (as the other 2 doctors have done). I am really at a loss for what is going on. From what people have been saying on this forum it seems like you have a lot of the symptoms I do, but there has been no suggestions of cures.
I feel you Mike.  I am on the same boat.  About three years ago, I visited Egland to see my in-laws, while visiting, I hit a byciclist while driving(small accident, guy had minor scratches), a few days earlier my father-in-law fainted during a dinner for no reason, he was fine as well.  Anyhow, I was fine after these to incidents, however,  when I came back to the US a few days after being home, I started to feel dizzy and off-balanced, I thought I was going to pass out at anytime, it was the weirdest thing on earth.  I went to the ER, and went to a million doctors, had an MRI done, Ear testing done, EKG, you name it (to be honest with you, this visiting a million doctors things made me sicker, so I just said "no more docs").  In short, docs could not find anything wrong with me, so they precribed a low dose of Zoloft and put it down to Anxiety ( I could not believe it, and I am a calm guy, and never suffered from depression).   I got off the pill about a year later, as I learned to cope with it.  It has been three years now, and I have never been myself again.  When I go to the gym I always feel lightheaded and off-balance (I thought when you suffer from anxiety, they recommned excersise?) to me, excersising makes it worse.  But it has not stopped me from doing anything, i try to ignore and just plow ahead. Sometimes, I do wonder if its an inner ear thing.  Anyhow, I just don't want to go to any more docs, and I keep telling myself, its anxiety.  As gaels67 put it, everyone has symptoms, but none of have a solution.
i have been reading up on these symptoms as  in the last week ive been feeling very dizzy and spaced out i get bad head achs and am lossing my balance if i walk to long i et realy hot and feels like am walking in space and its scares me cuz i feel like am gonna pass out when i lie down it feels loke am gonna pass out, but ive just had a implant put in a month ago and am not sure if its from that or virtigo but its driving me mad but i havent been doctors yet but from reading ur post its sound a wast of time going there anyway can any one help or shall i go doctors
Hey Guys,
I have had similar problems....and I went to see an ENT who said that everything was normal (especially in my ears even though the GPs I had see said that I had fluid buildup). Well, regardless of whether or not that was the cause, I had been taking gravol, which is an anti-nausea medication to help me sleep. I had been taking this medication for a while....It actually suppresses your vestibular system (this is where your balance centers are located in the brain). Because I had been taking this for so long....I felt really dizzy and off-balance all the time....since the doctor confirmed that it was because of the gravol (which I neglected to tell the GPs), being off the gravol has helped substantially. It's only been a week since I have seen the ENT, but the point is that it could be something that you least expect! So, if any of you are taking any medication ...check into the side effects....
I am posting an update to my previous post. I have gone back to another ENT who didn't tell me much. I then decided to go to another neurologist at UCLA. He said that it appeared that I had MdDS and that was causing the swaying, dizziness, and rocking feeling (no visual signs). Unfortunately, as of yet they have no cure and they said it usually gets worse when there is more stress. Since I work in a very stressful job it looks like I will just have to deal with this. It ***** but I thought I would let you guys know what they said as we have all lamented at not being able to get any answers. I still don't believe in this syndrome but at least the Docotr gave me some kind of diagnosis...good luck to all.  
My name is Cheryl, I'm 46 and live in massachusetts.  I have been dizzy, more of an off balance feeling since the birth of my first child 19 years ago.  After 16 years of test, medication, physical therapy session for every stupid diagnosis thrown at me I was finally diagnosed properly by Dr. Daniel Lee out of Mass Eye and Ear in Boston Ma.  
I have what is called a superior canal dehisence, What that is is a hole in the temporal bone which is located in the inner ear.  Only way to diagnose is by a temporal bone cat scan.  Mass Eye & Ear being one of  the hospitals that has this type of cat scan.  
Google Dr. Daniel Lee and read about it and see if your symptoms fit,Surgery can fix.
I have experienced the same for about the last 5 years  It is not due to anxiety, that much I do know  But somehow it masks itself like anxiety  My heart races to either chronic insomnia or chronic fatigue like symptoms  Numbness and tingling to body
  I believe it is related to our ears  I suffer from these clicking noises in my ears
Anywhere from 1200 to over 2000 every hour of the day  So it's not related to swallowing
or yawning type normal circumstances of explaination of ear fullness
  My ENT doesn't detect any ear infections anymore but it is still going on and getting worse
  I don't think it is related to stress
  I think it might be related to the wireless technologys
Please see also the URL below for another thread of discussion on Eustachian tube clogging, blockage or other dysfunction:

http://www.medhelp.org/posts/Ear--Nose--Throat/Eustachian-tube-dysfunction---what-are-the-symptoms/show/7331

Please see the 2nd URL below for info on free-to-cheap and safe methods of using saline irrigation of the nasal cavities with a decongestant to clear a blocked Eustachian tube.

http://www.ehow.com/how_4537025_cure-clogged-eustachian-tube.html

I've produced abundant nasal mucus all my life, and the most when reacting to airborne allergens (currently mold spores are horrible due to a rainy summer).  My current theory is that mucus drains into the Eustachian tube opening and blocks it.   If the mucus dries in the ET opening (mornings I am often rocking-imbalanced and hear poorly), flushing out the dried mucus is essential to normal functioning.  I'm currently adding a drop of eucalyptus oil to the saline flushing solution and it SEEMS to be helpful.  I'll try the Neti pot and over-the-counter decongestant (discussed at the sites listed above) later this week.

I had a year of rocking-imbalance and full ears (could not get them to open) and thought I was experiencing anxiety, depression etc. In fact, it was physical. I also had a very high stress temp job and was sleep deprived.  The rocking went away eventually after a vacation and job change, but I did not focus on the Eustachian tube irrigation treatments until this summer's severe blockages triggered by mold spore allergies.

Hope this helps.

paulto
To: all
Since my post a week ago, I've been following two regimes pretty consistently to relieve "fullness" in the ears and inability to "pop" them (open closed Eustachian tubes), rocking-type imbalance, fatigue and rawness in the brochial tubes and lungs.  Mold counts taken locally have been very high (in the 10,000 to 20,000 spores/cu meter of air range), and I have historically been reactive to molds.

1. When breathing apparatus rawness is apparent or I have significant difficulty breathing, I take Albuterol inhalant as prescribed (2 puffs inhaled, twice a day). When my lungs don't feel raw, or my breathing is good, I cut back or discontinue.

2. I use mild saline in large quanities from a Neti pot or rubber syringe 3 to 4 times a day, making sure some goes down the back into the throat to wash out mucus which may be blocking the Eustachian tube opening.  I repeat until I can "pop" both ears (hear the Eustachian tube opening), though it is more like a "pfft" or "pssht" or "shweeet" sound, not fully open.

In general my symptoms are much relieved, and I don't tire nearly as easily.  I have not yet used "4 Way" nasal spray anti-inflammatory in the saline solution to treat possible inflammation within the Eustachian tubes.  The idea is to force the solution into the Eustachian tubes to "calm" them and simultaneously wash out any mucus which may be clogging them.  I will see a doc tomorrow, and may try this technique next week.

Overall, treating these two symptoms simultaneously appears to have helped.
My Name is Teresa I am 29 yrs old and have been to several Drs over and over and over and over again. I have lightheadednes, dizzyness, i cant stand up for more than a min or two, I dont go anywhere anymore. I hve turned into a hermit that hates to leave home with the fear of falling or having a full blown panic attack, I am walking into walls, hair is falling out at an alarming pace (i am bald on the top of my head) i have been bleeding (menstural) since April and guess what these HIGHLY paid doctors tell me that NOTHING is wrong!! REALLY DOCTOR NOTHING IS WRONG??? I gave up going to Dr. I tried to go to the gym and work out and fell off a machine because i lost my balance. I though that I was crazy and maybe I was making up everything in my head.... But i see now that i am not the only one! I have an appt at yet ANOTHER ENT next week (and also at a obgyn) .. this has been going on for years now. I am turning 30 in April 2011 and my family and friends are going on a cruise and i am fearful that eventho its all paid for i am going to back out on it like i do everything else because of how i feel ALL THE TIME!
guys i have all these symptoms and was finally dn with menieres diease, after 6 years of going to any and every dr there is.. just rule out all the bad things that it could be and go to your ent and show him all your results and test to make sure its not a tumor and lyme diease are anything that would cause these symptoms and then basically you have menieres.. theres no cure but great support online i go on my facebook to the living with menieres website and it helps.. iam on a fluid pill and xanax as of right now. good luck and god bless you all
Hi All.
I have been having the same problems for couple of years now. I keep thinking it’s my heart because it just goes crazy once I get feeling dizzy and start panicking. What I have noticed that when I lay down and get up my heart slows down so everything I do now I have to slowly. I can be fine for months and I almost forget about it and then it comes back again. Right now as I write this I was asked to go watch some games and I can’t because I feel dizzy and as soon as I get into places like that I panic. A small stress can cause all this but right away while stressed. This all is really messing up with my life. I have lost confidence in everything. I can’t even go to the dairy to get a bread and milk with out worrying will I get a panic attack or will I fall down somewhere and embarrass my self. I went to doctors as well, spent nights in hospital I don’t know how many times and every single scan came negative. I got one more option to do and that is one of the private herbal clinics and I have to see what they got. I haven’t been my self for years now. I can’t enjoy things I use to do, I can go outside and play, or go to the beach or do anything. The only place I feel safe is home. Make’s me cry sometime and I’m 34 years old male. I stopped smoking for a while to see is that the cause but it wasn’t. I really don’t know what to do. Just today I was installing outside table and honestly I was just unpacking things and I felt it a bit and I just had to run back inside. I don’t know what to do.
It sounds like the majority of you have Meniere's Disease.  

There is a cure for it, although you may not be 100% better, however wouldn't you want to be 40%- 70% better.  Those of you that have horrible symptoms know that being even 50% better would drastically change your life.

I had ear surgery exactly a month ago and have noticed a significant change already.  Ear surgery is not for everyone as the first two days of recovery was horrific, with that being said, I've only had my wisdom teeth taken out.  

I am 30 years old and started having ringing in my ear off and on starting around the age of 24 and then I started having attacks of vertigo around the age of 26.  

The ringing was usually a low tone and would at times be like a siren.  I went off of birth control pills because they are otto toxic to the inner ear.  The ringing was never as intense after that.

I would have hissing as well and whooshing noise that sounded like it was going to my heart beat, sometimes that is when I would feel 'off', dizzy or full on vertigo where if I moved my head, I would throw-up.  This would occur every 4 months.

Then it started increasing during allergy seasons or when there was a change with the barometric pressure.  MD usually get's worse with time, not the case with everyone.

I've had two MRI's, xray of my ear, blood tests- you name it.  I've seen 4 ENT's and several hit it on the nose.  One said it was allergy's, which he was partly right, being that it was a 'trigger' to the Meniere's Disease.  No one really knows what the catalyst is for Menieres Disease just the trigger's.

This past spring/summer I started having 'episodes' every other day, due to allergy season, severe storms- most storms MN has had in along time.  The barometric pressure really does a number on ears, if affected.  

The ENT I saw that said it was Meniere's Disease said there was nothing you can do.  That you basically can't do surgery on the inner ear unless it's a complete destruction of your ear.

I found someone that had MD but without the ringing- you can have it with either ringing or vertigo, doesn't have to be both.  She had surgery and had 100% recovery.  Her vertigo was so severe that she had it almost everyday for a year and this was 30 years ago that she had surgery.  PEOPLE 30 years ago!!!!!!....they were doing this surgery.  Her Dr. was the DR that defined and came up with Meniere's Disease.  He performed my surgery a month ago.  He has done this surgery over 5,000 times and travel's/traveled all over the world teaching this surgery.

It has been a month and I haven't had any 'off', dizzy or vertigo episodes!  My ear still has different noises going on due to the healing of the surgery, however I believe this was worth it just where I'm at right now and it's only been a month!!  I go in on the 17th to do my second follow-up, the first one was a week after.  

I will follow-up with more information, once I know that my surgery has a good outcome and I feel comfortable referring them.  Feel free to ask any questions and I hope that I will see more significant results.

in health,
lynn

Hi, it's me again.
I was wondering has any of you had similar things happened like: When you feeling fine and all good, all of sudden something moves inside you’re chest, like something pushes thru or fall’s down, right in the centre of you’re chest. And then you’re heart starts beating hard, infect so hard that you can feel the pulse in you’re eyes, ears and chest. Then you feel this flush of some kind goes from your stomach thru rest of the body, like a fear kind of sensation and then you start to panic. This is where dizziness comes in as well. You can’t stand, walk or even sit down. Sometime I would be sitting doing absolutely nothing and I would get something like; as if someone pushes you forward and that gives you a fight. You can’t breathe like a normal person would do. You’re chest becomes tight. You become so weak that you have feeling like you have been running or working hard all day long. You’re ears and neck would burn and feel hot.

I know its part of panic attack symptoms but I don’t know why something triggers it in my chest and honestly it’s like you would swallow something big and like it would be sitting there for a while and all of sudden it just moves. Sometime makes it feels like my heart stops, I just can’t explain it and it’s frightening. For the last few days I have been experiencing burning skin sensation. It would feel like a sun burn but it’s not. It’s in my arm in between shoulder and elbow at the back side of the arm and I always look for some sort of marks but I can’t see any. I did notice a heart burn or acid in my chest quite a bit in the past week or so. What ever I eat I can feel it and it’s just in my chest. Sometime it’s so bad that I can feel it in my throat. I use those sweets made with Gaviscon and they do help but after a while it comes back.

I know I do panic when something like this happens. But my concern is about my heart. I’m scared my heart is failing and they don’t even know. When I say “they” I mean the doctors. Because I was rushed to hospital few times and left there overnight and very next day they would let me go home and tell me nothing’s wrong with you, or you’re heart or blood. If nothing’s wrong with me, I wouldn’t be in hospital would I, but they look into basics really. Has anyone here had same? Please let me know and what the outcome was for you? Maybe by reading you’re story might help me as well.

Experience like those are frightening and to be honest you just can’t stop think about when will next episode arrive. Just when you forget all about it, it struck you again like a lightning from the blue sky :-) in other words shock’s you. I am sick of feeling like this and I will try anything to get rid of it. I’m waiting to see one more specialist that works with herbal medicine. I hope I can remember all this to tell him when I see him :-)

Please reply to my comment and let me know am I anything like you?

Anyone who suffers the same thing, I really feel for you but do remember you are not alone and we are all here for each other.

Love you all and
May God help us all.
I too have been experiencing dizziness where i feel like my eyes and head are swimming around. Tingling in my fingers and toes but more extreme in my toes.Severe headaches, fullness in my ears, tightness in my chest, feel like my eyes cant focus on anything. I have been to ENT's where they have found nothing wrong with my ears. No hearing loss, sign of infection, nothing. Also have seen neurologists who say its anxiety and I see that has been the common misconception. I have NEVER experienced anything like this in my entire life. I am 25 years old a healthy female. This started 6 weeks ago and I have been unable to work or drive and this is affecting the quality of my life. Sure, Im sure some anxiety has developed over this who wouldnt after going through what we have for as long as we have but something is causing this dizziness and my eyes feel like they are constantly moving. I also have had an MRI of the brain where they found I have an enlarged Pituitary Gland. If anyone could please help me I would greatly appreciate it because Im at the verge of giving up. I DONT WANT TO FEEL THIS WAY ANYMORE!!! :(
i have been dizzy for 3 months now....and havent had any results from dr

have you guys had any results yet i just read thru all of these posts and they sound just like me

please any advise will help
I am also suffereing from the same feeling for like over 3 months now....so this is how it started...I was studying and got up to drink water and everything stated to spin (vertigo) around me....vertigo lasted for good 12 hours and I had to be in bed basically.....the next day I was feeling fine because I didnt had the vertigo but I kinda felt off balance/feel on the boat/space walk etc...this feeling has in me since then 24/7....now when I study on computer I also feel that sometimes screen has moved and it feesl wierd as if I was in a different world for 2 secs....I have gotten ENG which showed left ear weakness/damage....ENT doesnt know what it is but I am sure ppl here knows a lot more than ENT because of personal experiences....I really appreciate you for reading my long post and I am hoping for ppl to guess what it sounds like....Inner ear issue, MS, or some other disease....
BTW....off balance is my only symptoms which is bugging me....lately I have been having mild ear pooping as well.
ANy insight is greatly appreciated!
I could cry I am so happy I'm not alone! None of my family or friends understand me! and it is so frustrating. I feel like you know what and everyone telling me its stress or in my head, or not real is killing me. I have been dizzy for about two straight months, I feel like I just got off an elevator or boat allllllllll dayy long! i feel fuzzy and insanely tired, i have gotten blood tests, ear tests, ekg, and nothing. I take meclezine but it just helps with the nausea more than anything. I feel like i am going to fall over all the time. I can't make plans with friends or anyone because I'm so afraid its going to get worse when i'm out or pass out. I am so frustrated I just want to crawl in a cave and cry to myself. I don't know what to do, i'm trying to get a job but how am i supposed to stand for 8 hours feeling like this 24/7? and  my families pressures about working is making it worse. they just don't understand how awful this dizziniess is, and what more can i do? i've been to so many different docs and nothing. Im at a complete loss. it is just sooooo relieving to not be alone. thank you all for posting. Sometimes I feel so weak, and shaky I feel like i'm going to just faint and thats it. I feel like someone put my head in a paint shaker, and it just hits like when i'm watching tv, it'll just come on me like a wave, and its like "woah!, super dizzy" i'm so tired of explaining to my family about going out and going for interviews for jobs, working out especially. trying to lose weight while this dizzy is like a stunt. Just so glad i'm not in this alone! :) makes me feel a lot better.
ashley
Hi, I have been reading thru these posts and I have been experiencing most of these symptoms for the last week and it's really scary to me. The other night I was sitting on my couch and got up to do something. All of a sudden my left ear went plugged and my hearing went away a little bit and started to ring and then I got very dizzy where I could hardly walk. Along with this, It almost felt as if when I was touching my ear and that side of my face it felt kind of numb? Has anyone ever had this sensation? I have anxiety disorder and of course this has triggered a full blown panic attack which has now caused me to have a constant out of it feeling along with lightheadedness that won't go away. This really is horrible!! I am wondering if I should go to a ENT dr.....  
Do you have any other medical problems besides the anxiety?  Meds?  
angel, wanttodie,caly

this post is REALLY old as you see i just posted trying to get answers myself but nobody answered back except you guys =)

i have been dizzy for 3 months and was at my WITZ end...been through 2 catscan, blood work, allergy test,VNG balance test, hearing test...everything came back PERFECT!!!!..was taking 4-6 meclizine pills everyday, couldnt go to school, NOTHING, i was a HERMIT in the house cause i was so scared of getting dizzy

i went back to ENT last week and he seems to think it is allergies, started me on claritin (over the counter at any drug store) and 2 nasal sprays...

I FEEL MUCH MUCH BETTER....i dont wanna JINX myself but im trying to stay positive, cause i was REALLY scared.

today i started allergy shots so we will see what happens with this,

if you have any question i will be glad to try and help you caus ei know how it feels to not have anyone to talk to or anyone who understands how you feel
Thanks Turkee23 so much for replying....I want to clarfy more on your dizzyness....is it vertigo? dizzy? or some internal motion feeling like off balance/ spacy type or lightheaded fainty?
Reason I am asking because there are different type of dizzyness and one has to be very clear when consulting to a doctor!
again thanks for your help!
hope we all feel better soon.
to tell you the truth i dont really know, i think i was super dizzy, felt like i was walking on a sponge. in total space. i dont think i had any real spinning (like i drank to much feeling)

today i cleaned out an spare bedroomin my house, and just a few mins ago i got real dizzy after not being dizzy for like a week =( depressing
hope you are feeling better now, but this is what i kinda feel too walking on a boat...i had vitamin d deficiency and anemia too....I dont know what is wrong with me.....I am looking for an answer from ppl here because they know more because of there experiences. I guess i have no choice but to wait for someone can give me some ideas....
still feeling dizzy and very very sad.....i feel like im never goin to get better.......
have another ENT appt today.... i dunno what for, just cause im scared and going to cry to him, even tho he probablu doesnt care
Have u had ENG?? ask him to do ENG.....I have ENT appt in 2 weeks also...lets see what happens then...dont worry God is there to help us and He will!
what is an ENG?....is that the same as a VNG balance test?...if so i have had that
they do caloric testing (put warm and cold water in your ear and check for nystagmus)...do this one...i have had VNG test too....it seems that nothing helps.....i am doing Vestibular rehab therapy....r u doing rehab/exercise???
i have had the air in my ears, and they said nothing happened (or that ir didnt tell them if there was a specific ear damaged)

i am supposed to start with the vestibular therapy this week im guessing just waiting for them to call me so i know where to go.

does it help for you?

i went back to the ENt yesterday and now im going to get an MRI to see if possible acoustic neuroma
so r u getting a special mri for inner ear or would brain mri will work?
Rehab is very slow process...I knew this fact before starting VRT....my PT told me it will take a long time and no guarentees if u get 100% out of it! Let me know if it works for you then i might switch to your exercise :-)
Lord will help us!
also get your mri with contrast! GL :-)
My name is James and I am 28 and it all started with me in 2006 on holiday having a good time and all of a sudden felt extremely dizzy and fell off the back of a chair.  I came home from holiday and went to the doctor's, they said it was stress and anxiety which I had none of building up to that moment.  I was given Prozac which made me 10 times worse and then was given anti depressants and valium and again nothing worked and was in a bad place.  I then was made redundant and did not work for 3 and a half years and could not face working due to the fear of falling over and this extreme anxiety.  I can not remember how it feels to be normal, like walking to the shops or going out for a meal without feeling awfull.  My symptons are, dizzyness, tiredness, shortness of breath, heart beating like mad, panic attacks, muscles are all tight in my hands, neck, shoulders and legs, body sways all over the place, stomach nerves, ears feel as if they are full of air, head feels bloated and vision problems.  I have had these every day since that day and tried every tablet going and over the last year have been on beta blockers which slow the heart rate down.  I can't do anything like I use too, I have been working full time for over a year which is great and was a big step for me as even going out the house was a battle as I felt like I was gonna fall over and was so anxious all the time.  I find it hard to stand up and have to sit down on chairs where there is support around the head and near a wall which makes me feel safer, I know how you all feel and what annoys us all is that these Doctors just say the same thing 'it's anxiety'.  They dont want to listen and I was just given tablet after tablet and had mental health therapy which was a waste of time..The reason we get so anxious is due to the balance problems but they say it's the other way around,  I sometimes wish that people who can't understand the problem could have it for a week and see how they feel.  Also because of the anxiety I find drinking the best way to help with the nerves but the next day my symptons are through the roof so I have only been out a couple of times with my friends in 5 years and it stops me from doing the most simple things....It's amazing that people can see nothing wrong with you which makes it so hard to convince people just how bad we are all feeling.....
Yes indeed, you have extra fluid which is called serum in your ears and it does cause your dizziness..you need a myringotomy, they make a teeny incision in the ear drum and then drain the fluid and all will be brandy new again...get to your ENT..I had it done 4 times since the 70s and i am 64...be well..
You sure are going thru it .... waiting and the anxiety of not knowing what is going on is awful ! Please try to relax and take things a step at a time. You need to get an MRI and see and ENT. ( my opinion of course and nothing more :-}

It could be Minears disease which is an inner ear imbalance which you have all these symptoms of and it can be BPV (benign positional Vertigo). In both cases the their is nothing that can be done except some meds such as meclezine for the dizziness and being off balance.

Please see an ENT ...... it's the only way to know. If not satisfied with the 1st one then get a second opinion.

Good luck and I hope you get results soon ...
I have had all of this.  I have been dizzy and off balance for 7 months now. I have gone though every test out there and just had a Lumbar puncture, spine fluid taking from my spine, to rule out ms.  I feel terrible all the time.  I am dizzy, sick to my stomach, exhausted and most of all frustrated. I want to cry all the time.  I try to explain to my family how I feel and I think that they think I am crazy.  I have been off work for 4 months now. I need to work but there is no way I can work a 8 hour day feeling they way that I do.  I am at a loss and do not know what to do.  My neurologist is sending me to Standford to see if they can help.  I called my doctor to extend my time off work but I am not sure if he will do it.  I just can take this any more.  Any help would be helpful.  I am 45 years old and want my life back!
My wife is going thru all of this dizzyness also since July 7,2011.
have done mri on brain, ct scan, lumbar puncture, seen an eng, and neurologist that said she has no idea.My question to people are there any people that work at hospitals or have been around to much isopropyl alcohol.
I am at wits end and tracking anything I can find on internet even pesticide poisoning.
any help would be great
already ruled out vertigo and vestibular neuronitist
All of your posts sound very familiar...my dizziness started over a month ago, during the night.  I literally could not get up out of bed.  It was like I had just got off a boat or a crazy ride, my legs wouldn't hold me up, and my head was so dizzy.  Since then, I have had constant dizziness.  I've been to my pcp three times, an ent, an orthopedic, since I had a slight bulging disc in neck, a neurologist, and am going to second ent tomorrow, as well as cardiologist this week.  I do have mitral valve prolaspe, but its very mild, and never really had any issues with it, plus just did 2 wk halter monitor about three months ago, and I'm  told all fine.  All the doctors have told me they don't know what it is.  I've had a brain and neck mri, and bloodwork, that so far showed my ANA is elevated which I've had in past.  Now they want me to go to rheumatolist for that.  All other tests  are ok.  I am so depressed and frustrated, I can't take this dizziness anymore.  It is so dfficult to get to work everyday, and today I almost had to leave, it was so bad.  I also feel like my head is spacey, and I'm not really here.  I have weak feeling towards my right side, and had pressure on right eye too.  I am waiting for rest of blood work to come back for iron etc, and I really hope something shows there because I can't take this anymore.  I don't even want to leave my house because I am so scared I'm going to fall over.  This is no way to live, and I don't understand why they can't figure out whats wrong!  I am tired of going to doctors and no one knows, and basically they all blow me off, and send me to someone else, who doesn't know! any suggestions or advice would be very much appreciated. I am so sorry you all are going through this too.  It is so awful.
Would like to know how that Doctor, who one poster said came up with and defined Meniere's Disease, performed a surgery recently or even 30 years ago when the man has been dead since 1862.  Prosper Meniere was his name.  Look it up.
HEY!! Let me just start by saying!! THANK GODDDD!!! One of my prayers have been answered!!! you guys are experienceing the EXACT Same symptoms as I!I'm not alonee!!!!! I feel soooo much better,knowing that someone understands what i'm going threw! My family and friends just swearsss i'm crazyy!! It annoys and frustrates me soooo much!!! It actually seems to build up my anxiety!! I only 18 Years old and feel like my life has come to halt!!! I'm trying to stay calm when my aniexty and dizziness/off balance comes into play.Its the worst feeling everrrrr!!! I so afraid to do the things I once loved!SMH.. I've been to the ER and thas also put me on MECLINZINE But uinlike you guys! I ALLERGIC TO IT !!! SMH UGH... I Developed these werid rashes on my inner thighs all the way down my leg! so i was giving a injection and sent home.My doctor told me it could be a ear problem but did no test. im going back tomarrow to follow up.. what should i ask for first?I'm hearing alot about this ativan what does it do?and does it help?
I know the feeling!! I need a cure like nowww!!! smh i need my life back!What are you taking? and do they work or atleast ease the symptoms?
Your dizziness and balance problems can helped by these simple methods.Do the sasak asan 5 times and anulom vilom for 30 minutes, twice a day. This will balance your left and right brain and you will notice the benefit in weeks. Let me know when you start to feel the improvement.

Sasak asan
Bend your knees and sit on your feet. Inhale and raise your hands up and back.
Exhale and bend forward, stretching your hands as far forward as you can, and head trying to touch the floor.Hold this for 5 seconds.
Repeat this upto 5 times.

Anulom Vilom pranayam –
Build up your timing gradually.If you feel tired or dizzy, stop and resume after one minute.

Close your right nostril with thumb and deep breath-in through left nostril  
then – close left nostril with two fingers and breath-out through right nostril  
then -keeping the left nostril closed  deep breath-in through right nostril
then - close your right nostril with thumb and breath-out through left nostril.
This is one cycle of anulom vilom.
Repeat this cycle for 15 to 30  minutes twice a day.
Children under 15 years – do 5 to 10 minutes twice a day.
You can do this before breakfast/lunch/dinner or before bedtime or in bed.Remember to take deep long breaths into the lungs.You can do this while sitting on floor or chair or lying in bed.
November 11, 2011
thank you!!! =))but I is there any medcince or test i should have?
IF THER IS ANY ONE WHO HAS THESE SYMPTOMS AND HAVE BEEN PRESCRIBED A MEDCINE THAT WORKS OR ATLEAST FOR A AMOUNT A TYME PLZ LET ME KNOW !!!
I have the exact same symptoms as you, except I was in my shower when it started and almost collapsed.  Also, I recently had gone into a-fib with my heart and had to wear a halter monitor.  I wonder if there is any correlation here.  Why did you have to wear the monitor?  Please let me know if you are better now or what process you took.  

Rob
hi ive been having this dizzy feeling   thinking im am going to fall over , sometimes when i walk  it feels like ive had a few  2 many  and start to wander to the left  ive had my ears checked by a ent doc   and a hearing test done all came bk fine   ive  now started physio  but thats not helping    this is so frustrating as i have  not been out for 7 years   dont now what to try anymore  had medication  didnt work  had  hypnotherapy   bought  loads of things to try to help   had blood checked all came bk fine    any ideas  would be grateful  
Follow the anulom vilom pranayam technique described in my November 11 ,2011 post in this forum.Start now and let me know, how you feel.
November 14 ,2011
ty will try that
I think my dizziness started in the summer of 09 and its gotten a little better BUT not completely gone like i would like and i do suffer from anxiety attacks that started in 1995. When i 1st started having panic attacks, i would get really dizzy and my heart was pumping really fast. I had to get my grandfather to take me to the doctor who told me i had just exp my 1st panic attack. In the summer of 2009, we was all swimming and i noticed a small area behind my ear was real sensitive but i ignored it because ive had that to happen and it went away within in couple of days. But this one didnt go away, it just got worse and then came the dizziness,shaking, heart racing, eyes not focusing like they would normally.
Ive been to the doctor 3 times in the past 3 years and they all say inner ear infection. I just went to the doctor 2 days ago, my BP was 110/70 and they gave me a sugar test, which came back fine. But he gave me water pills to help with the infection in my ears BUT it also lowers BP. I havent took any of the water pills because i dont feel comfortable enough on taking that and he prescribed me some medicine for my dizziness.
My head feels stopped up all the time and my ears feels like they need to be popped or they are just stuffy.
I cant go to town or do normal actvities without worrying about being dizzy. I also get hot all of a sudden and thats when i start panicking. Im worried that something else is going on but trying to keep a positive attitude about it being my ears.
Has anyone else experienced my symptoms?
Thanks and any advice is greatly appreciated
Hope you all have a wonderful and blessed day
I have suffered from Vertigo for years.  I have been to several doctors in all that time.  I have been diagnosed with BPPV. (Benign Paroxysmal Positional Vertigo) The only thing the doctors did for me was prescribe Antivert. In the beginning the vertigo always eventually subsided but for the past few years whenever I get an attack it lingers on and on.  My husband is a physician and after I did some researching on the internet I found a doctor at UPMC in Pittsburth who specializes in balance disorders.  He sent me to a Vestibular Physical therapist who did different maneuvers with my head.  I must tell you that this was not a pleasant therapy to go through. The therapy itselfs makes you temporarily very dizzy. I still have anxiety attacks just thinking about it.  There theory is that there are loose crystals in a certain part of the ear that causes the vertigo.  By doing these maneuvers they are trying to put these crystals in proper postion to subside the dizziness.  I must tell you that this therapy absolutely worked for me.  (At least til the next attack)  That was 6 months after.  They encouraged me to come back for more therapy but I am terrified of going through it again.  I did end up with the vertigo again and was desperate to have a life again.  I found another Vestibular physical therapist closer to my hometown and she did very similar maneuvers but was not quite as aggressive at the one in Pittsburgh.  It did help me some and I think it is worth going back for more therapy.  As a matter of fact I am going to see her again on thursday because I came down with another attack of vertigo after flying to Las Vegas over the holiday.  I'm sure the flying brought it all on again.  I have hopes that the therapy will help again.  To all of you I really feel the therapy is worth a try.  I totally can relate to everyone.  I get the panic attacks along with the vertigo.  I also get very depressed.  But there is some relief with the therapy and you do get your life back.
Hi, i expirience all these things, right now i'm feeling dizzy and not right. This started about 4 days ago after two weeks of panic attacks.

Any answers

Follow the self help techniques to help yourself,  in my post of November 11 ,2011, in this thread. Do it to feel the benefit.
I had a Temporal Lobe Lobectomy 2 months ago and since then I have been having dizziness, lightheaded feeling, shortness of breath and a racing of the heart that just comes and goes on its own time. I know what an anxiety attack feels like and this is not what I'm having. I'm still thinking it could be a blood clot that is causing it. A pulmonary embolism could be a possibility because of the side effects I'm having corrulate with that. It makes sense to me because the bed rest that you have after surgery can cause blood clots to form.
Something natural to calm down the brain activity.
Sit on a chair or on the floor, and follow this relaxing technique(Bhramri) for 9 times daily.Then keep your eyes closed for 30 seconds, rub both your hands together for 10 seconds, and place on your face for 20 seconds, then slowly open your eyes, then bring your hands down after 5 seconds.
Your will notice a relaxed  brain in days. I will suggest more relaxation techniques for you, later.
Bhramri Pranayam -Close eyes. Close ears with thumb, index finger on forehead, and rest three fingers on base of nose touching eyes. Breathe in through nose. And now breathe out through nose while humming like a bee.
Repeat this  5 to 21 times.
i know what you're going through and it completely *****!  i've been to the ENT, and had an MRI of the brain, and everything comes back fine.  they can't find anything wrong... but i feel like i'm walking around on a sponge or like i'm on cruise ship.  i've asked the ENT if it could be allergies and he said he doubts it.  he thinks it was some infection in the inner ear.  he didn't seemed to concerned that i was freaking out about it.  i hate the feeling and i want it gone.  there are times too, when i get hot for no apparent reason, and it too freaks me out.  i just wish someone out there could help us out and make whatever this is go away!!  i hate it, and i don't wish it on anybody!  for those of you out there that have experienced the same things what worked for you?  i'm open to suggestions!!!  
Seriously this "panic attack" *****. Felt like I was about to die :/
I dont feel good at all :/ I want to believe its just a panic attack
Has anyone been given a water called "INDAPAMIDE" to treat inner ear infection? I went to my ENT doct and this is what he gave me BUT with my panic attacks its just hard for me to think or believe this will help since it is also used to lower blood pressure.
and that should have said a WATER PILL*
I have the SAME thing you are describing. I had all the same tests done and NOTHING. I'm going crazy. I had a baby 7 months ago and it's a challenge just to do the everyday stuff with him. I just want to enjoy my baby!! I hate it! I think all the dr's think i'm crazy (which makes this all worse) but I too feel like i'm walking on a sponge and on a cruise ship. Sometimes I get this strange "lifting" feeling like I'm on an elevator or something. It comes out of nowhere. I wouldn't wish this on anyone either!! At least we're not alone. :( I pray for miraculous healing because I can't take it anymore.
hi there i am in need of some medical advice just earlier today i was standing in my kitchen when all of a sudden i felt real dizzy and started losing my balance however i didn't fall i quickly sat down but at the same moment when i had gotten tht feeling my right ear started ringing and kept on for a while even after i sat down i was just wondering if any body had something similar happen to them also if any medical expert could maybe tell me what it is thats causing this thnk u very much
Follow the  techniques  described in my November 11 ,2011 post in this forum thread to get over the dizziness and balance problems.Start now and let me know, how you feel. Do not give up before 12 weeks.
January 10,2012
I have been experiencing very similar symptoms to a lot of these people. I too have hade plenty of tests with out any problems showing up. Recently, I have found that physiotherapy seems to have an effect on this problem. The physio is currently working on C3 and above in my neck, which I understand has a lot to do with balance etc. This maybe of assistance to some of you. I also have astigmatism which combined with the 'off' feeling in my head isnt great.
If any of you are suffering anxiety regarding your experiences, please get yourself a book called,Complete self help for your nerver by Dr Claire Weekes!! Changed my life!!
Good luck all
I started getting dizzy about 3 years ago. Tingling, faint feeling, unable to focus, tunnel vision, head pressure, spaced out, etc. I checked in with my nutritionist. Turns out I am hypoglycaemic and have low cholesterol. She put me on a strict no sugar, one cup of coffee, high protein diet and at least 70 ounces of water a day. Vitamins and mineral supplements to balance out my system. I have never felt better. Changing my diet was the best thing I have ever done. Eating a high protein breakfast and eating healthy every 2-3 hours, carrying almonds in my purse has relieved my systems. I also learned to meditate (Transcendental Meditation) and no longer feel stressed out and overwhelmed. Wishing you all luck!
I am 20 and found out I had MS when I was 15 years old I get dizzy all the time too. Wat I do to help the dizziness is just take slow deep breaths,drink lots of water and make sure I eat enough. A lot of dizziness cones from malnutrition or standing up to quick. Hope this will help
I am feeling the same way. Never have I had issues but now I have a large amount of anxiety and its hard to walk, talk, type, etc. For the first time my worst nightmare has come true. Since I have been feeling dizzy in a way where I'm wobbling I finally fell when nobody was around. I am unsure of what to do especially because I am a dance major and not being on balance is horrifying while moving around. I need help but I don't know what kind of help i need. Sometimes I think I am becoming retarded because of these symptoms. What is recommended now?
Follow the  alternative nostril breathing and other techniques  described in my November 11 ,2011 post in this forum thread to get over the dizziness and balance problems.Start now and let me know, how you feel. Do not give up before 16 weeks.
January 27,2012
This may sound random but I was taking Tyllenol PM for months and durning that time I suffered  from depression, anxiety attacks, such dizzy spells I thought that I must have a brain injury.  I went to every type of doctor for months, had every type of blood test, mri, etc...I stopped taking the Tyllenol PM because I ran out and within a week I started to feel better.  I wasnt sleeping as well but I felt so much better. Just a thought.
Good luck!
lol reading all this and thinking I have people living on the same planet as me .. basically ever since I can remember around the age of 14 I started feeling , dizzy and off balance , lighthead , eyes problems , ear some times feels like its filed with water and ifI tense my draw , it pops ...anyway , it feels like that i am dying any time because of this feeling of dizzy and off balance , my only time that I get rid of that feeling is sleeping lol..I cant even walk for 1 min never mind walk as a normal person ..if i walk , then out of nowhere , off balance comes and everything starts to look as though thats it , final breath and death ...that gets me mad and when I make it home , i am thinking , i did not die , what was i thinking , but one thing for sure , everyday that goes and in the nights , i am thinking either i am crazy or its just panics , because nothing happened to me since i was 14 ...i did not fall , i did not faint , nothing , just all the feelings and its real the feelings ...did some bloods and that and nothing is wrong , but one thing for sure is , it makes life aint worth it nomore ...however i keep living and day after day , keeps coming and still same me with all this ....

so all you guys , stay blessed and i just hope one day , one day , we no what happend to us at a stage in our life  
and i forgot to say that i am 22 now ..so its a 8 years problem and everyday and every time feeling ..its hell ....
This thread obviously goes back a ways and we all are not getting any real answers but the fact that we read and realized were not crazy...but if someone could only figure out why this happens to so many of us. I too am glad im not alone but i am desperate for how to fix this. I want my life back. I 1st started having anxiety with a few big panic attacks but id feel it coming on and could tell id have a bad day...now its not moments or days anymore ...its everyday i wake up and feel like everything is slight disoriented , kind of like the feeling some meds do to you but im not on any. My head feels wierd and if i let it get to me  THEN i feel the anxiety come on with the hard to breathe, feel heavy feeling, and muscles tense, and tingling/prickly in my head. It was just more going to work and oncei was there id be okay(the whole giving yourself anxiety thing)  But now everyday no matter where i go or if have day off its a struggle to feel normal My big thing is no insurance to nnarrow it down or to help.
i have a dizziness in a last three weeks i went ER blood test normal and blood presure, but didnt checked my ears i always use a cotton swap to clean internal ear. is that  possibly can cause dizzy
Hi there, it has nothing to do with you just having a baby! Ive had these symptoms for like 8 years now, it comes and goes and due to that Doctors say its anxiety...I've been to ear specialits, ear nose throat, neurologist, chiropractor checking my balance, all is OK!! Frustrating cause I still feel dizzy that's why they blame on anxiety...I got pregnant after those feelings, I loved and enjoyed my pregnancy, even after giving birth where I had c section, all was good and I was good, have a beautiful daughter...I would be free of those symptoms and it would just show up like a theft and no doctor is able to diagnose it!!! Ugh! They keep saying its anxiety and relax...whatever! For the last 2 months now I have been feeling dizzy and mostly my left ear and left side feeling like slightly bums, so weird and because of feeling this way I feel anxious, with or without my daughter I'm scared to be in public and just want to be home!! That's what happened today was in toys r us and m like let's go mom, I get slight headache too. So few weeks Go I took myself to the urgent care and he said my left ear the fluid is too high and it has to be at some level, ok he prescribed a nasal spray, I kinda felt better after that but it just keeps happening on and off or at times it's consistent!! Looks to be vertigo, could it be? Tough I have to say my ears Are blocked and have to pop it every single day sometimes so many times Day!!! There's always pounding in my ear and god forbid f I have a cold or allergies it gets worst... So I keep googling, could it be some vitamins I can take for this? I eat pretty healthy so I am desperate and want to be free of scare and go out and enjoy the nice outdoors.... Thanks Annie
I found this Blog when I searched "off-balance" before going to the local Urgent Care Dr.  I wanted as much info as I had time to gather. Thanks for all the posts.  

Discussed with primary Dr.the "off-balance" (not dizzy) veering to the right when walking - similar to walking on foam or on a boat - even like being drunk. He gave me the "drunk" test, but was it was not a talking point. Dr. checked my ears and found a buildup of wax in the right ear, and subsequently had both ears irrigated then and there. The right side had more wax build-up (or impaction) which is related to the walking or lurching to the right side.Amazing to see the "stuff" that was irrigated! I asked about the difference between the amount of wax in each ear. The nurse asked what side I sleep on. I said eft". She indicated that the wax does not build up on the side you sleep on. She asked if I used Q-tips - I said only to get the moisture at the outer ear (because of itching), not deep inside. She gave me disposable plastic instrument - that is a disposable per patient - that will lift and extract the earwax after loosening by irrigation.

I was quite taken that the Dr. knew the words to describe my situation and even others that I had not mentioned, but had in fact had experienced the last 3-4 days. Like. "the eyes don't seem to want to move in the same direction" - but no blurry vision outcome.

Discussed with Dr. a possible "Sleep Test" for apnia (apnea)… I thought there may be a relation to the the inner ear/Eustachian tube off-balance and the exhaling "snoring" which, in my case, is not an inhale snoring – just the opposite. When I exhale in a sleeping mode, the air passes over my tongue to my closed lips and the "flapping" sound wakes me up. This occurs many nights, but not every night. Not sure what caused that kind of exhaling.

The method I use to get to sleep and not be awakened or even give the "snoring" a chance is to sleep on my stomach and rest my left shoulder on the pillow which is in the normal position on my left side. This allows my head to rest on the bed, with my shoulder raised slightly. I'm in a comfortable position that allows me to sleep through the night and most of the time without the exhaling sound. It's not a perfect solution, but 99% of the time, it works. I was am taking 2 prescription meds: Antivert (Meclizine) and Amoxicillin w/Clavulanate

Day 1: Still a little unsteady, but much better after the ear irrigation. I took 2 walks (total of about 1 block) but felt "tired". I usually have a fairly fast walk, but did not have the "get up and go".

Day 2: I feel "foggy" and somewhat unsteady, but my walking gait is better. I don't walk as fast, either because I'm afraid of "lurching" and falling, or just a "lugging" feeling. Hopefully, the meds will work over the course. May consider a Chiropractor - will check if I still have the same additional add-on insurance coverage as last year. I have read some posts here that C helps. I'm a believer of good alignment since a child - and had various "fixes". It's just the cost that is holding me back. But, in any case, that will be the next "go-around".  

This is more a journal entry - but hope someone, somehow gets something out of it. I will be back to see and add more on the subject. This is all new to me...  we all have to be proactive and do our own research. Thank God for sites such as this. Take care.
its all about the ear balancing u. the ear does a balance
http://www.videojug.com/interview/balance-dizziness-and-motion-sickness  
I have had all these symptoms for the past few months it first started with a cold and I would have dizzy spells everyonce in awhile but in the last 3 weeks I have been non stop dizzy there was a week of that, that I couldn't even get out of bed without help from my husband or kids to take a shower or even go to the bathroom I've been to two different hospitals which one claimed because I had a cold that it was the cause put me on antibiotics and steroids two different times no help! Then I went to another hospital where they did a CT scan and found nothing but give me meclizine and diazepam "Valium" and it did help a little atleast it help me cope. I've been to neurologist, ENT. Had alot of testing can't seem to find out anything but their supposed to be scheduling me for an MRI full head and ear scan. But I did notice when I went into a restaurant or somewhere where there is alot of noise it made my ears ring and the dizziness worse. I don't know if your having the same problem but I've never been depressed before but I finally broke down the other day and was ready to call it quits because I have been so miserable and no help it seems but I try to think positive since I do have 3 children to care for. On top of all this my insurance company is being A-holes and been fighting with them so I'm as stressed as they come and that in itself can cause anxiety I wish these doctors would quit saying its anxiety because the dizziness started way before stress and anxiety if any of oyu find a cause please let me know. And good luck to you all!!
Please hang in there.  I have this problem too.  My job had big cuts a while back and we have a small home business and somedays at home I am ok but I have discovered that on days I feel more stuffed up even at home I feel off balance.  I read a while back that if there is swelling in the sinus(which I had on my original MRI) that they can be pushing on nerves.  I have not had much drainage through the nose but out of my throat and I use to think why do I feel real bad and then I would have drainage and I think that moving through the sinus' if thick will push on things and throw the equalibrium off.  For me a lot of movement (people, colorful patterns in rugs) makes me feel off balance.  Its like things your eyes and ears do together to help keep you balanced that you don't even think about I can now feel.  I also had thought there is nothing doctors can do.  I am now trying a Upper Cervical Dr.  yes this is a chiropractor but it has to be upper cervical because what they look at is the neck.  Mine found a problem he could see after exrays so he popped my atlas.  I don't feel a lot better but my scans which were showing nerves that werent working properly are getting better.  Some of those nerves which show the worst problems are nerves that send signals to the sinus' so they may not be functioning properly.  Even if you have tightness in your back once the nerves can get better signals your tightness in the back will loosen up.    I should have listened to an ent years ago because he said its a nerve problem I can't help you.  At the time I didn't know what could be done to help the nerves so I kept trying treatments from ents for ear problems and I also did allergy shots for a year or so.  If only he could have said here is something or someone you can go to.  I recently found, and I am trying to find it again to show my upper cervical care dr, a place in california and they describe a group of compressed nerves in the neck that are not diagnosed very easly and often overlooked but have the same effects that I feel with blocked ears and everything.  So please hang on and know there are others that feel the same way.
I have also suffered loss of balance expecially following a flight but it was shocking in supermarkets.
I have had a huge improvement since commencing Vit D and Calcium.
I have had a total thyroidectomy (Ca 1990) and 2 parathyroids were accidently removed. I  had no real dramas until menopause.
The Drs said  I apparently had fluid in the inner ear and at night the tinnitus and fullness of the ears was shoching. Anyway I googled "can Vit D and calcium deficiency cause loss of balance" and hey presto I haven't looked back.
I also had severe anxiety and had read on these forums the anxiety was the cause but  not so with me.
I take cacium citrate as that is apparently better absorbed, vitD 1000, magnesium and vit C.
I now sleep so much better as Vit D def causes all sorts of problems.
It was like magic for me!

The world is small finally I am not crazy. I feel the same way when I lay down sometimes I feel like I sink. There is times I walk and I feel off balance and can't focus I look to fast and loose perception like it past to fast. I feel my legs get weak and then my back hurts as well when I drink water it makes me light headed I drinking water. I work out and get more dizzy then I am sore longer. I can't enjoy a cocktail or a beer anymore because my hangover is worse and can't get out of bed. It's so weird all this has been happening this year. I hear ringing constantly but faint and my ears when I go in the pool fill up and it is hard to get the water out. If I wash my ears in the shower I will damn near fall. Is there hope for this problem. Who ever comes up with a solution to help us will surely be a millionaire for sure. If anyone can help me with this please inbox me or respond to my post. Thank you.
i  am 37 and i got tinnitus from  6 years  now, and is one week i  start feel dizzy and feeling to lose my balance when i put my head up and when i bend down for vacuum , i feel like losing  my balance and i am scared because can be something serious . I think is my tinnitus  is start to give me problem and i don' t know why  is doing now. I will see my doctor soon and i hope is nothing to worry because i don t like felling like that.
I'm wondering if you've figured anything out yet?  I have been feeling the same way for almost three years now and it started after having a baby.
It could be environmental allergies..caused by the aerial spraying we are all experiencing,ask for a toxicity test to find out if you have absorbed any toxins, you can then detoxify..Look at the Video 'What on earth are They Spraying'
Look into pheochromocytoma. It's always a possibility. I have had all of these symptoms for about 4 years now. Have spent more money than anyone could possibly imagine with no results. Pheochromocytoma is what my latest doctor says could be the problem. Funny because not a single one in 3 states mentioned this before it is extremely rare.

Shane
How about all of the above symptoms (which I have) especially the" wamp wamp" sound in my head(ears)  and light flashes I just noticed when the wamp happened and I was in a dim lit room... now does anyone deal with this AND reawakening and/or lucid nightmares?????  I have had horrible ones since this began...day naps and night.  Every night!!!  I've tried everything..the most I'm on now is diazepam. (Valium) at night.  I'm ready to blow my brains out!!!  Dr.s. = no answers!!!!!!   Help..at least tell me the nightmares are associated!!!
There is surgery for menieres syndrome. I suffered from 1986-1989 with it and finally had surgery in 1989. They cut two nerves to my ear in the central nervous system. It was a six hour surgery for me but very successful. For the first few years I would sometimes feel strange for an hour or two then it would pass. I have been well until two years ago. I Caught a cold while in France and had dreadful pain in my ears when taking off and landing on the flight home. I lost my hearing entirely for hours at a time. I was diagnosed with barotrauma  caused by the cold and flying at a high altitude. It took several months but finally cleared up and I regained hearing in my right ear, the surgery left me deaf in the left. Presently I have pollen allergies and have many of the same symptoms a lot of you have . My knees feel like they might give up and I am afraid to drive for fear I will pass out. I suspect the infection never cleared up entirely from the cold and barotrauma.
Hi I know how u feel I'm a mother of 3 and everyday is a battle to not show my kids panic....!***** very scary... but God helps me thru it I'm not perfect and I still worry but I lean to god when I'm afraid and it helps...

Crystal