Dizziness won't go away, please help!
I have had labyrinthitis three times in my life. This last time occurred three weeks ago and lasted four days. It went away and then came back on Saturday. I sometimes get a true vertigo feeling of everything spinning and other times it is a shaking or sense of motion. Now I only feel a sensation of movement when I wake up in the morning for about 10 minutes and if I move my head too quickly without turning my body with my head. I was prescribed Meclizine to suppress the vestibule system by a regular doctor (family practice) initially a few weeks ago.

I just went to the ENT today to take the Videonstagmongraphy (VNG) test. They found that I had a slight vestibular imbalance or disorder.

My question is what does that mean? The ENT prescribed me antibiotics and oral cortisone (a steroid!!!). Is this the proper treatment for this? From what I understand, we have crystals or rocks in our ear that can become dislodged. The Audiologist who performed the test said there were exercises that the Dr. would teach me but he didn't mention those to me at all. Since he prescribed me these medications, what is he is trying to accomplish? Does he think it's a bacterial infection with inflammation? Why wouldn't he first assume that the exercises would help rather than the medications?

I should also tell you that they performed a hearing test on me and both ears are perfect. They also tested my inner and middle ear functions and they were also perfect.
I should correct myself. My last sentence reads that the audiologist checked my inner and middle ear function and tehy were both perfect. What I meant to say was  they tested my inner and middle ear air pressure and they didn't detect any problems.
Hi the exercise cured my benign vertigo within 2 minutes. Just lie on your back with your head hanging almost straight down off the edge of the bed or in my case my daughters kitchen counter top. then turn your head to your right and then turn your head as far as you can to look down at the floor. then turn your whole body to the right so your laying on your right side and looking down at the floor. then get up slowly and take it easy for the rest of the day (no running or jumping up quickly. Your actually supposed to stay kind of laying down the rest of the day. But mine was the worst vertigo, I couldn't balance to walk straight even and it was gone permenently within 2 minutes.
Good luck.
i have been dizzy for a year. nonstop dizziness for ONE WHOLE YEAR! it ruins your life
I was just diagnosed with vertigo.  You're not kidding...it does ruin your life.  I can't take it anymore.  It's been a month and it's not getting better.
I have been dizzy for almost a week straight nonstop! I can't take it any longer.. I'm not able to do anything without the feeling of everything moving!
I have had multiple tests done also. Idk what I should do to get rid of it. I've tried meclazine and Dramamine neither are working..
I have had dizziness. Since I.have had my little one 14weeks ago and been to doctors and they don't seem to be bothered
I'm suffering from my vertigo again and its a bad one I keep getting woken up in the middle of the night and when I get it I cannot sleep so mama and I watch movies on encore I can't fall asleep because I'm so damn scared that might happen again and sometimes it does it feels like you're flying out of an airplane skydiving and you can't stop its no fun..I went for an MRI but it was a staning one thank god because I am very cluster phobic and I get scared in one.. I just wish the doctor is going to give me some answers so why I'm having this vertigo Its been driving me crazy ever since last Saturday please pray for me and if you have hints or suggestions please give some I'm at the end of my rope here
Im suffering from my vertigo again and its a bad one I keep getting woken up in the middle of the night and when I get it I cannot sleep so mama and I watch movies on encore I can't fall asleep because I'm so damn scared that might happen again and sometimes it does it feels like you're flying out of an airplane skydiving and you can't stop its no fun..I went for an MRI but it was a standing one thank god because I am very cluster phobic and I get scared in one.. I just wish the doctor is going to give me some answers as to   I'm having this vertigo Its been driving me crazy ever since last Saturday please pray for me and if you have hints or suggestions please give some I'm at the end of my rope here
I had tried to do  what you said   and it made mine WORSE and so    I get up   and I  still have these attacks   I wish to go there was something that the Dr's  can find out  about this   maybe   surgery.?? that can help it  be gone  and STAY GONE...