Dizziness
Since my mid 40s, I've had "bouts" of dizziness that are directly related to movement.  There are long periods when I don't have any dizziness, then it comes and I may have it intermittently for a week or so.   It goes away as quickly as it comes.  Most severe in morning upon rising or moving my head while in reclining position.   No other symptoms.   My blood pressure is within normal limits.  My biological brother has Hoshimoto thyroid disease but I was tested years ago, didn't have any thyroid problems.

For the past 2-weeks, the dizziness has been much worse.  It comes in a "wave" and lasts a few minutes but repeats many times.  Even wakes me up at night with the dizziness.  Lasts just a minute or less.  Much better after getting up and as the day progresses.  Returns at night when I go to bed.   I have a headache now but not consistently and not too severe.   It feels like something is inside my head though - like I can reach into my head and pull something out.   My nose is stopped up too in the morning.  My left ear drum seems to "pop" at times.     Does anyone have anything like this?
It is making me miserable.  I never feel like I'm going to faint, I just have the dizziness for a few seconds/minutes and must close my eyes because of the vertigo.   If I bend over, it will come.  If I'm in the shower and drop the soap, I can't pick it up without holding onto the walls because of the balance issue.  

Help.
Sounds suspicious of Meniere's Disease.  I would recommend consulting an ENT Specialist and having this ruled out.  

Secondly, I would recommend having your thyroid reassessed.  
Hi I am not a doctor but a long term dizzy/balance sufferer. I woke up nearly four years ago to acute vertigo and have been out of it/Dizzy/off balance, world moves every second of every single day since. It's horrible. I have been through numerous tests MRI,Blood,Calorics,. You name it I have had it so I have a little experience and knowledge on dizziness. What I would say Floridagirl1234 is that it sounds like benign paroxysmal positional vertigo (most common cause of dizziness ) and IS NOT serious. It is when tiny little calcium rocks in the inner ear fall away into the fluid of the inner ear and bounce around causing dizziness,lightheadedness and sometimes spinning vertigo. Usually the patients complain of being dizzy when there head is in a certain position. Waking up after lying down then feeling dizzy is common. This condition can clear up on its own within 6 weeks as the calcium deposits dissolve but sometimes a trip to the doctor and a simple epley manouvre carried out by the doctor in office can fix you pretty much instantly.This condition usually re occurs which would explain the numerous dizzy bouts you have.My advice is to go to your local GP explain your symptoms and mention this condition and the epley manouvre. You say you have popping in the ear that to could be a symptom of this condition but also of Labyrinthitis. However labyrinthitis usually begins with sudden true spinning vertigo attack and makes the person really dizzy and off balance 24/7 usually lasting from 1-12 weeks all day everyday.
In rare cases such as myself it goes on 24/7 for years. What i have is known as uncompensated Labyrinthitis and it's absolute hell.

However there are numerous conditions that cause dizziness and are usually associated with the inner ear. Most can be treated with medication and most clear up on there own. Its not serious good lucks.