Doctor prescribed me flonase for sinus infection but it says not to take if you have an infection? Help I'm confused!
I have a sinus infection that started with a cold a month ago. The doctor first gave me antibiotic Keflex and ni improvement so he gave me Augmenton which did help and my fever is gone but I still have a bad pain over my cheek on left side. I also have post nasal drip with disgusting color :( Embarrassing.. Anyway The doctor gave me two shots yesterday, a steroid and antibiotic roseferine. The pain went away within two hours yesterday after shots buit woke up this morning and pain is back as well as the post nasal drip. The doctor also prescribed me Flonase nasal spray for the infection but I read the info on it and it says do not take if you have an infection because it is a steroid and it lowers the immune systom. So I'm terrified to use it because I don't want the infection to get even worse. How is it ok to use flonase for bacterial infection? Have any of you used flonase for infection. My infection is not allergy related, it came from a cold that was going around. Thanks so much for reading.
and yes I have been using nasal irrigation along with all of the other home remedies I have found on the internet.
As long as she is treating you with an ATB,  then use the Flonase.  

Those contraindications usually are for people who have chronic immune system issues.

Thanks for your response! He did not prescribe me another antibiotic just the flonase, I think he figured the Antibiotic shot he gave me would clear it up but it didn't. Should I still use the flonase or wait till monday and call him?
Well, the two injections of Rocephin is the antibiotic.  

The flonase is usually once or twice daily.  I would take it and call monday to be sure.  A day or two will not be a big issue if you would like to wait.  Either way, there shouldn't be a problem.  

Are you taking steroids?  I saw that you have been diagnosed with EBV?  
He gave me one injection of Rocephin and one injection of a steroid yesterday. I got sick with EBV 5 years ago but am better now from that. Other than the injections yesterday  I am not on steroids. It's weird, seems like since he gave me the shots I have more disgusting post nasal drip. Ugh, I just don't know what to do. I guess I will go ahead and take the flonase, and pray that I don't make the infection worse.  Thanks!
Yes, do go ahead.  

Sometimes the ATB will make you feel worse before you feel better.
What a coincidence First week I used over the counter Flonase I caught a nasty cold.  a few weeks later I used it again and caught another flu type illness. I just read these posts and have figured out that Flonase lowers the immune systems. Throwing this stuff out!