Does Smoking cause Ear infections?
I have had these recuring ear infections off and on for the past two months, and no matter how hard I try to keep my ears clean, they keep getting infected and its very painful!  One of my friends said it could be from all my smoking, but that seems crazy to me. I have been a smoker for the past seven years, and these past few years, Ive found myself smoking between one and a half to two packs a day, sometimes more; but I've never had any problems with ear infections before even though Ive been heavy smoker for years.

I honestly have no plans to quit smoking, but I do want to know what else I can do about these ear infections or if other people have had these problems. Would it help if I switched to menthols? Any other thoughts or advice?
Thanks!
Ideally, it would help for you to switch to not smoking.  Your friend is correct in saying that smoking can affect your ears causing infections; that is true.  Why now and not before; I don't know.  Any history of allergies?

I would recommend consulting your regular physician or an ENT Specialist to help you to sort this out.