Ear, Nose & Throat Community
Drooling in sleep

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

Drooling in sleep

Does anyone drool in their sleep, to the point where they wake up in a cold sticky puddle that is a couple of inches in diameter? This has just started and is causing me a little bit of concern as I know it could be a sign of apnea or some nasal obstruction.
I tend to drool in my sleep beacuse of nasal polyps which i have had all my life. They cause me to breathe through my mouth.

Maybe its because you've started breathong through your mouth for some reason?

Katie x
Prior to tonsil removal, I always had larger than average tonsils. In my youth, I used to drool a-lot whilst sleeping. Finally stopped and reappeared later in life.
I associated it with being exhausted (along with snoring).
A year prior to tonsil removal, began snoring at night frequently and drooling on occasion. Since removal, I've done neither.