Ear, Nose & Throat Community
Drumming in Ear

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

Drumming in Ear

I have a very low, very quiet but persistent drumming in my left ear.  It feels like it's deep inside and when it is completely quiet, all I hear is this low drum, cyclical, very regular.  I'm not sure if I'm feeling pressure in my left mastoid bone area as well (may be due to my teeth clenching), but it's been going on for a number of days.  It sounds exactly like a base drum and occurs every 1-2 seconds.  Any ideas?
Tags: Drumming, Ear, pressure
The muscles that support the hearing bones (the tiny ones that the ear drum moves and stimulates the auditory nerve) in my ears spasm.  This causes a similar sound for me.  It could also be other things.  You should see your dr and possibly and ENT to rule out more serious issues though.
I have a constant drumming noise in left ear and a constant buzzing noise in right ear that increase being in a moving vehicle. But I have no vertigo. The noise is seen more at night and I can only sleep until 2 am. On the day the noise is inhibited by the noise of the city. I have tried many homeopathic remedies and have found that helps me cuprum chattering teeth at night and use it for a long time because I thought that this could be the source of the problem. However, the Lachesis I was better because I can sleep and in the description of lachesis one sleeps with the disease.