Ear, Nose & Throat Community
Dry Cracking Nose (inside) Can I put anything in there??

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

The inside of my nose is so dry and cracked that it's actually oozing blood (like if your ands were really cracked). I've read that you should not put anything oil based in there, but what can you put in there to help? I've just been putting water in there because it gives temporary relief. But
There is a nasal gel product for this called Ayr. There may be similar, in a different brand.

You need to drink plenty of fluids and from the sounds of it, benefit from having a humidifier. In the meantime, can always put a large pot of water on the stove and let it simmer.
Avatar n tn
I am not a doctor, but I have had this same problem.  It happened to me when I moved into a dorm.  Must be their air system or something. I would get scabs up in my nose and it was so gross.  I used vaseline, and it did help.  But humidifiers would definitely help long term.
Avatar n tn
There is a new product called NozAmi that is specifically designed for longer lasting relief. I used to get nose bleeds all the time and then my doctor gave me a trial of this stuff... I've been buying it ever since. It really works much better than saline and water treatments.