Ear, Nose & Throat Community
Ear / Jaw pain on left side
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Ear / Jaw pain on left side

As always, I have weird problems that come and no actual diagnosis is ever met.  A week ago, I had a root canal on my lower, left side molar.  Prior to this, I had tooth pain coupled with ear and jaw pain on the same side.  I thought this was the culprit for the pain I was experiencing, however, the pain in the jaw and left ear still exist.  I thought it could be a TMJ issue as i grind my teeth at night as well as have clicky jaw.  My dentist seems to believe TMJ is not an issue at hand.  I have no clue what the problem is.  I am a 37 yr old male.  I was taking penicillin for the root canal, so if there were an infection, wouldn't this antibiotic clear up any infection issues at hand?  

I used to chew tobacco and now I am nervous that this could be a throat cancer issue, although the symptoms of this don't add up.  I have my yearly physical coming this month and I hope to get some answers.  I am extremely nervous and this is hampering my daily life activities.  Please help