Ear, Nose & Throat Community
Ear - puss and blood

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

Ear - puss and blood

I have had allergy/sinus problems for what seems to be months now.  Every couple of weeks I have been suffering from sinus headaches.  Anyway, the other day in a rush to get ready for work I was cleaning my ears too quickly and I apparently went too deep in my right ear because it hurt really bad.  It was sore for a little while and then went away.  The next day I felt like I had a little ear ache.  The ear ache doesn't hurt all day, just sometimes and not that bad.  But it also feels clogged up sometimes.  Well, on Saturday after my shower I again cleaned my ears, very gently this time, and on the Q-tip from my right ear it looked like there was a little puss with a little bit of blood mixed in.  Again today, Sunday, I cleaned it again and it definitely is puss with a little blood again.  My ear just hurts a little bit every now and then and feels clogged sometimes.  I am thinking it is from the Q-tip the other morning and has nothing to do with the sinus problems - right??  Should I call the doctor ASAP Monday morning??  Not sure if I should just leave it go or what to do since it really doesn't hurt.

Thanks!!!!