Ear, Nose & Throat Community
Ear, Jaw and mouth

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

Ear, Jaw and mouth

So a week ago I started to have a very minor pain in my mouth and that pain turned into a canker sore. So I thought it was no big deal until just a few days ago it became even more painful in my jaw and now the pain has moved to my ear. The canker sore has turned into an open sore. I also have a rash that builds along the left side of my neck which is the same side as my infection. So what might it be? and what can I do for the pain?
Hi, this ulceration could be apthous ulcer, herpes viral infection, tubercular or syphilitic ulcer. Initially, try mouth wash or boroglycerin paint along with pain killers and antibiotic.

If no response is seen in 2-3 days, do consult doctor as any ulcer not healing in two weeks should be investigated.

Bye