Ear, Nose & Throat Community
Ear, Nose, throat

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

Ear, Nose, throat

I had severe ear pain with water discharge for the past 15 days. I have taken already 3 courses of antibiotics one for mumps, one for ear infection and again for fungal infection. Yesterday the ent doctor cleaned my ears of the fungus using suction and i am feeling much better. But toady I am feeling  fullness in the ear and slight discharge. How long should i wait before visiting the doctor again? is there something i can do? pl advice
Avatar dr f tn
Hello and hope you are doing well.

It could be that the infection has recurred, have a culture and sensitivity test done to find out the correct antibiotic that the infecting organism is sensitive to and taking this medication for the required amount of days may help to clear infection. Please discuss this with your doctor am sure he will provide further assistance.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.