Ear, Nose & Throat Community
Ear, nose and throat - labyrinthitis

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

Ear, nose and throat - labyrinthitis

I was diagnosed with labyrinthitis last year September 14th,  it lasted about 6 months then had the odd day where I would feel dizzy, off balance etc. now it has been 5 days an I've been getting that feeling in your head like your on a very rocky boat and legs feel heavy, an dizzy, off balance and nauseous - all I'm wondering is how you know wether it's the virus attacking your ears again or if it's the brain needing retrained to adjust to the damage done? Any help will be much appreciated xx
Avatar_dr_f_tn
How are you? Labyrinthitis is an ear disorder that involves irritation and swelling of the inner ear and may occur after an ear infection, upper respiratory infection, allergy,  and medication side effect. Since the parts of the inner ear become irritated and inflamed., ability to have the  balance, hearing, dizziness, hearing loss, nausea, or vomiting may be present. This condition usually goes away within a few weeks with the help of  symptomatic relief.  If these symptoms persist, it is best that you have this checked by your doctor or ENT for proper evaluation. Take care and do keep us posted.