Ear, Nose & Throat Community
Ear Ache and Scalp Pain

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

Ear Ache and Scalp Pain

I have an ear ache and scalp pain that is only on the side with the ear ache.  The scalp pain is almost a burning sensation and it hurts just touching my hair.  The walk in clinic says that my ear canal looks normal.  What else could this possibly be?
Starbound, you might want to see an ENT. This could possibly be a sinus issue.
Avatar n tn
any one know how to help major ear pain, almost unbearable ,pain slightly on head , effecting left side of face
How is the side of your face being affected?  Read up on the symptoms of Ramsay Hunt Syndrome.  You can have RHS even if you don't have visible vesicles (blisters).  One of the usual first symptoms is the awful deep ear pain, then facial droop/numb feeling, also the vesicles.  If you find you have many of these symptoms get help ASAP.  The sooner you can stop the virus from replicating the better the recovery.
Occipital Neuralgia: http://www.ninds.nih.gov/disorders/occipitalneuralgia/occipitalneuralgia.htm

I have no history of earaches, so I was surprised one day when I had a severe earache accompanied with severe scalp pain on the right side of my head.  I work at a pain clinic, and the physician suggested it could be an issue with the occipital nerve bundle.  I looked around and found out about Occipital Neuralgia and applied heat (via heating pad) to the right occipital area and it cured my problem! I think I must have done something to that muscle/nerve area when I was lifting weights that morning.