Ear Ache now hearing loss
I'm a 48 year old female.  A week ago I woke up with an ear ache in my right ear, along with a sore throat.  A couple of days later I also got an ear ache in the left ear.  It is a constant aching pain, but sometimes, usually with head movement, I get sharp, stabbing pains in both ears.  I also had slight hearing loss in both ears. I went to a clinic on Saturday and was told it was an inner and outer ear infection and prescribed antibiotics. I've been on the antibiotics (500mg x 2/day) since Saturday and still have no relief from the pain and I now have drastically reduced hearing in both ears.  Should I be going back to the doctor?
Hello and hope you are doing well.

If your symptoms are worsening with the antibiotic then the infecting organism may not be susceptible to the antibiotic. You will need to consult your doctor who may need to do a culture and sensitivity to determine what antibiotic the organism is susceptible to. In the meantime take OTC acetaminophen for the pain.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.
Thanks for your input.  I finally got into see an ENT and apparently my ears are full of fluid, so, at 48, I have to get tubes put in?!  Just wondering if another symptom could be connected...within a couple of days of this all starting with my ears, I developed petechiae on my lower right leg, a fair bit of it and then a day or so later, also some on my left leg, not quite as much, but its still there.  Are there bacterial or viral infections that can cause petechiae?
Hello and hope you are doing well.

The petechiae could occur with some viral infections. It could also be a side effect of the medications. . Discuss your symptoms with your consulting doctor he may change the dose or the medications.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.