Ear Canal Itchy for Months
I made the mistake of cleaning my ear with 91% iso alcohol, I don't know if this was the cause but shortly after and for several months now just inside my ear is very itchy and will if Left alone form what feels like a scab or crusty spot on the skin. I can't help but itch it until its aggravated and I end up thoroughly scrubbing the itchy area with a Q-Tip to clean the crust or waxy feeling and sooth the itch, and so the cycle continues.

I've tried to put neosporin and a lotion onto the area with a Q-tip thinking maybe its dry skin, to try and heal it but I end up itching it again, I don't know if this would solve the issue or not. but its gone on to long and it makes it annoying to wear ear buds in my right ear.

The attached picture is the best I could do for now, its surprisingly hard to take a good picture of your ear

The picture is right after I went to town with a Q tip so that may be why its irritated.
It's the trauma that's more problematic than the alcohol, although maybe if you don't have oily skin it is too drying and started the itching.  You probably have a little infection in the ear canal skin now.  See a doctor.  It may need to be lanced or something.  

In future, you have to be very gentle with a Q-tip.  There are fat safety ones that slow you down.  You can never scrub that tender skin.  You barely touch it with the Qtip and a little alcohol or witch hazel.  Avoid using a dry Qtip since it is so easy to damage the canal skin.  
So the best way to clear it up would be to very gently apply some kind of antibiotic over the area, and if it doesn't get better see a doctor?