Ear Drum Spasm
My ear drum spasms when I drink alcohol. Why does this happen?
Hello and hope you are doing well.

It may not be related to alcohol consumption. The drumming sound could be due to entity called myoclonus of the tensor tympani. This is a rapid contraction of the tensor tympani muscle in the middle ear that causes that fluttering sound. Muscle relaxants may help with this condition. If severe it may need surgical intervention. You can consult an ENT specialist for an evaluation.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.
I never have it except for when I drink alcohol. I think alcohol might have caused nerve damage. I have bipolar disorder and I am on helpful medications now, but I self-medicated with alcohol for years before I had the diagnoses of bipolar disorder. Now, when I do drink, the spasms come and don't go away for 24 hours (about the time the alcohol has filtered through). Along with the spasm, I can't hear well when I drink, so the volume of my voice increases. These symptoms never occur at any other time.