Ear, Nose & Throat Community
Ear Infection and shoulder pain

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

Ear Infection and shoulder pain

a couple hours ago my shoulder started to hurt and burn, it goes from my ear to my right shoulder(from my right ear)

my neck isn't so much stiff, as the right side of it burns along the path to my shoulder, i have been horribly stressed out, by tinnitus and this ear infection.

What could it be?
Ear pain doesn't typically radiate to the shoulder.  There is a branch of the Trigeminal nerve that loops around the ear such that it can radiate pain into the face, but it doesn't go down into the neck.

With your tinnitus, the ear pain is concerning, and needs evaluation.  The shoulder pain is something different.

Enoch Choi, MD
the pain isn't intense in my ear, and with some IBprofun the shoulder pain went away, i suspect it might of been the fact that because of the tinnitus, and me getting like 2 hours of sleep in the last two days, mixed with the stress of not knowing what's up and waiting for my doctors apointment
had the same problem..go see a dentist and see if your grinding your teeth aswell..you might need a mouth splint like i do no big deal and try some running or sports to relax you..trust me it's nothing serious..but it does suck