Ear, Nose & Throat Community
Ear Nose and Throat

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

Ear Nose and Throat

Can Sjogrens affect your tube in your ear.  I have a mild case of sjogrens I do not take any meds for sjogrens but I been having problems with my right ear.  I had pressure and fluid in my right ear and I had the ear drained then one month later the ear developed pressure without pain.  I do not have a cold or anything else that would cause pressure in my right ear.  I am 58 years old and never had ear problems.  (maybe when I was a kid but I do not remember)  Could this be sjogrens?  I cannot find an ENT doctor that's familiar with sjogrens.  I live in Chicago Illinois.  Can anybody recommend an ENT Doctor that's familiar with sjogrens.  
Avatar_dr_f_tn
A clinical examination is absolutely necessary for determining the correct cause of your symptoms. Middle ear infections, wax accumulation, chronic sinus problems all can cause pressure buildup feeling in the ear. In Sjogrens syndrome there is dryness in the ears. This dryness in Eustachian tubes can lead to a clogged feeling in the ear and impaired hearing. If you are doubtful that Sjogrens is causing these symptoms it is suggested to discuss your concerns with your ENT specialist. Do keep me posted on how you are doing.
Best luck and regards!
Thank you for your time.  I do believed that sjogrens is affecting my ear I cannot find an ENT Doctor that has knowledge about sjogrens.  I been told sjogrens has nothing to do with my ear by  an ENT Doctor.  I did have a MRI of my brain and the test showed everything was normal.  I do not have an ear infection, wax accumulation or chronic sinus problems that's why I think sjogrens has some part in my ear pressure.  I did have a blood test to see if my sjogrens was in a flair up but it was not.  (at the same time I had pressure in my ear)  My question is:  Should I get my ear drained one more time or should I have a tube inserted.  Would the tube help if I think sjogrens is the problem for my ear pressure.  Or should I get another opinion?  Thank you for your time.