Ear, Nose & Throat Community
Ear/Throat Pain

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

Ear/Throat Pain

My Left ear and the left side of my throat has been hurting over the past few weeks. At time my ear iches, and my throat is sore when I swallow. I have not had a feaver, nor do I feel sick just this pain. Do you think it is more likley that I have an allergy to something, or do you think I have a virus. Do you know of any at home remidies to help sooth the pain?
Hey!  My throat has been irritated for about a month and the right side felt like it was a little swollen when I would swallow.  I've also been having a bit of an earache, off and on, and recently started getting pain in my ear while chewing food.  It was to the point this morning where I couldn't really open my mouth all the way because of my ear hurting.  Finally went to doctor today and he said I must have infection coming from my sinuses, which really haven't been bothering me much.  Also both my ears have a lot of inflammation and fluid.  He prescibed antibiotics and Nasonex.  Hoping that starts working soon because I'm not feeling too great. You probably should go to the doctor and get it checked out before it gets as bad as mine.  Not saying that we definitely have the same thing though.  Hope you feel better soon!
In my opinion you are suffering from acute tonsillitis (left tonsil) and inflamed tonsil is creating a problem in left ear. Visit ENT doctor and get the proper antibiotic treatment and anti inflammatory alongwith painkiller. Do mouthwash three times a day.