Ear, Nose & Throat Community
Ear Vibration
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Ear Vibration

I had a weird thing happen last night. I was in my office chair, about to leave & all of a sudden heard a noise in my left ear. The best way I can describe it is that it Felt and Sounded exactly like a cell phone does when it is set on 'vibrate'. There was no pain involved, was not spasming but constant, about as loud as a person talking, and lasted for about 10 seconds.I have not ever had any ear problems of any kind before and I can hear just fine in both ears.
Is this what tinnitus feels like?
Related Discussions
152264_tn?1280358257
I don't know if that counts as tinnitus, but vibrations like you describe seem pretty common (and harmless). It might have been just a spasm of one of the muscles in the middle ear (the stapedius, I think? not sure). Nothing to worry about unless you have other problems such as hearing loss, dizziness, constant ringing in your ear, etc. If it keeps happening and it bothers you, see a doctor, but my guess is that they will not be concerned about it.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Ear, Nose & Throat Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
How to Silence Your Inner Critic an...