Ear, Nose & Throat Community
Ear Wax Buildup

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

Ear Wax Buildup

It seems that no matter how much my ears get cleaned, wax keeps builiding up so fast.  Do you have any suggestions.  Thanks.
Are you using a q-tip to clean them? I always had ear wax problems. Then I read somewhere how it can do more harm than good. I used to clean them every day and have stuff on the qtip all of the time. I stopped using q-tips and now just when I get out of the shower- I will take my towel while my ears are still wet, and gently wipe the outside of the ear and the outside part of the canal off. I do not go in the hole. My ears feel much better. It took a good week or so to get used to not using q-tips, but I am so glad I did!! Try it and let us know how you make out!!!
Thanks for your comments torque.  On the positive side I stopped using Q-Tips a long time ago.  At least when I have ear wax buildup, it is annoying but haven't gotten to the point where I cannot hear.  I also found peroxide was a bad thing to put in my ear as that resulted in hearing loss.

I will try your suggestion.  I was wondering just how far I can put the towel into my ear and do I have any chance of infection.  I haven't had infections for many years but was prone to them when I was younger.

Also do you have any opinion on bulb syringes or other self use syringes I've been hearing about.  Are they good and/or safe?

Thanks.
It is possible that a form of dandruff has gotten into your ear canal and is actually agrivating your ears to produce more wax to cleans themselves. Try a tiny bit of Head and Shoulders on a Q-tip with abit of water.