Ear Wax Removal
I tend to have much ear wax buildup and have ear wax removed a few times a year.  I have a few questions.

1 - I often have pain for a few weeks in my ear each time I have ear wax removed.  Is this normal and what may be the cause.  I don't think it is an infection as the doctor would tell me if my ear is infected.

2 - Is there a good approach to stop excessive ear wax from developing?

3 - If I go to an ENT instead of a PCP (usually the Physician Assistant does it), would the results be better?

Thanks.
I just visited my ENT doctor for vertigo.  One of the problems I had was excessive earwax buildup in my left ear.  Long story short, per his instructions I used 8 to 10 drops of olive oil on a daily basis in the ear until the wax was soft enough to be removed.

Now he tells me to use that same regimen on a weekly basis to keep the ear wax soft and prevent the buildup.  It works.