Ear, Nose & Throat Community
Ear complications

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

Ear complications

Hello my ears started leaking some kind of fluid a couple if years ago. It's a clear color. Some days my ear will hurt so bad that my whole face would hurt. Now when I talk on the phone or in person they sound muffled and I always have to ask them to repeat what they said. Many get frustrated but if I didn't hear what they said I can't give them a response. I've never been to the doctor for this problem but maybe someone can give me some advice.
Avatar dr f tn
Hello and hope you are doing well.

If there is discharge and loss of hearing, then most probably it an otitis interna (inner ear infection). The other common causes for pain are cerumen (ear wax) impaction, otitis externa and inflammations. Treatment lies in treating the underlying cause.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.