Ear, Nose & Throat Community
Ear congestion, ear ache, migraines, pulsatile tinnitus, vertigo
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Ear congestion, ear ache, migraines, pulsatile tinnitus, vertigo

Hello,

About 4 months ago I got over 100 mosquito bites. I also got extremely drunk that night which resulted in a horrible hangover the next day. About 2 days later I experienced a motion sickness sensation along with sinus headaches,, head pressure and brain fog. 1 day after these initial symptoms my right ear clogged up, with occasional clogging of the left ear. The clogged ear sensation would usually subside if I was lying down in a certain position. I should also mention that I have tmj dysfunction.

After visiting the ENT and doing a hearing test, I was told that I had slight hearing loss in the left ear. I have been experiencing tinnitus in that ear ever since I was a child. The ENT was expecting to see hearing loss in the congested right ear. Upon leaving the doctors office my congested right ear was reacting to loud noise by vibrating, as if trying to unclog. I think this is known as pulsatile tinnitus. I also started to experience severe ear aches as well as pain on the cartilage of my ear

Over the months my 24/7 motion sickness as well as my sinus headaches have subsided, however when I do get a headache it does not go away even with ibuprofen. I do however now experience mild vertigo that lasts for hours. My surroundings are not spinning but when I turn my head a certain way ( during an attack) I get the dizzy sensation  without the spinning. I have also noticed that when I consume alcohol, I feel fine until sleeping for a few hours and then I wake up to the dizzy sensation.

I am waiting on my MRI results.
I was wondering if anyone has experienced these symptoms and if you have any insight on what this could be.

Thank-you for your time.