Ear, Nose & Throat Community
Ear feels clogged

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

Ear feels clogged

Both of my ears are feeling clogged for last 10 days.. I didn;t get sick or didn;t have a cold or congestion. Also no allergies. I had a minor fluid drain from my ear prior to my ear clog. First the cloggness was in my right ear then it passed on to my left as well.  I went to an ENT and both of my ears are clean and also passed my hearing test.

Also when i play music, i hear very loud vibrations which unables me to listen to music with to much bass.

please help. any suggestions?
I had similar and get some herbal medicines from Natural Remedies and while I didn't take it as directed- much less often (my anus started to itch when it never had before), I did get less problems.  Doctors have no idea how to keep you healthy or how to deal with ear problems that don't have physical symptoms.

I don't know about your music listening problem.
Avatar dr f tn
Hello and hope you are doing well.

There are tubes called 'Eustachian  tubes' which connect the middle ear to the throat, this balances the air pressure in the ears. This tube can get  blocked due to infections of the throat, which can give lead to a feeling of fullness in the ears. This can also result in infection of the ears. The blocked ears can be opened up by the valsalva maneuver, where air is blown into the cheeks against a closed nostrils, this sometimes helps to open up the tubes. Steam inhalations can help clear the tube. Please consult your family physician.  

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.