Ear infection after tubes?
Hi, my daughter is almost a year old. She had tubes put in back in September because she was getting ear infections atleast once a month. She just recently was diagnosed with another ear infection at the beginning of this month and was given an antibiotic. I was wondering if it is usual for one to get an ear infection after tubes are put in? Would getting water in the ear cause her to get an ear infection? Thank you for your time.
Sure getting water into the ears can itntroduce bacteria into the middle ear cavity. Sure one can get infections post PETs.  PETs do not necessarily remain open. They can become clogged from various things.

Thus rendering the PETs usless.

http://www.nidcd.nih.gov/health/hearing/otitism.asp
Wear/a/Jimmy is right in that the tubes can become plugged, go see your daughter's ENT to check on her tympanostomy.

There is a lack of consensus among otolaryngologists regarding the need for water precautions in children after tube placement. The ENT in conjunction with the child's parents decide on a case-by-case basis. Many children who have tympanostomy tubes placed are offered fitted ear plugs to wear during all types of water exposure. Routine use of ear plugs may help to ensure that the ear plugs are used during exposure to contaminated water even though the risk of infection from bathwater is minimal. Children with tympanostomy tubes should avoid diving.
my son had tubes put in last june still he's had four ear infection is that normal
My son had one set of tubes put in when he was three. Those tubes usually fall out in 15 months. He still was getting ear infections about every  month or two. After that they put in the 10 to 15 year tubes last year in april of 2009. These have been good til now and now he has started getting them again. They say don't swim without earplugs and no dirty water like lakes and rivers. I have abided by all those rules and it hasn't helped either.