Ear, Nose & Throat Community
Ear infection with reminanents.

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

Ear infection with reminanents.

Ear infection with remnants.

About a month ago I had an ear infection in my right ear. I went to a walk-in clinic and the doctor told me I had a raging ear infection (apparently the inside was quite swollen, hence my going deaf) so she gave me amoxicillin for 10 days. She also told me that the Eustachian tube is clogged so I was given Nasonex. Unfortunately, I’m on Cipralex which causes nasal congestion. I cannot go off of it and have come to accept the congestion as part of my daily life.

Since the regiment of antibiotics, I still have left over problems from the ear infection. I keep going deaf throughout the day and it usually will clear if I swallow a few times or hole my nose and blow. It feels like there is fluid or something in there. Even when I’m not congested (thank you Sudafed) I get the periods of deafness. I followed up with my doctor who informed me there wasn’t much he could do at this point (which I found strange). It’s starting to drive me a bit batty. I’m pretty sure it’s because there is fluid still in that part of the ear. Am I wrong in thinking that? I keep wanting to shake my head as if there was water in it.

What are my options? Any advice/help would be great, thanks.