Ear infection won't clear up
I have had an ear infection since 8-05 and have been on antibotics 8 times now.  The infection does get better but never goes away.  Has anyone had this.  My PP is sending me to a ENT  Dr but I don't know what to expect.
first of all, has anyone ever swabbed your ear and sent the specimen to a lab to find out what kind of infection you have?  It can be a staph infection or other and that makes all the difference in the world as far as treatment.  You may need a combination of oral antibiotics as well as ear drops. Definitley get to an ENT.
No, my Dr hasn't done a swab.  I was wondering that also.  My dad has had MRSA outbreak 3 sperate times now and I would drive him back and forth to the hospital for the treatments.  I didn't think that I would get MRSA in my inner ear though.
I hope it isn't that.  It is a very expensive treatment and we don't have insurance.  My dad would get charge for a day of in-patient room service along with the medicine for each day of treatment although he was only there for about 5 hours.
I keep getting a ear infection on my left side - my doctor told me my sinuses are draining in my ears.    So he put me on two different allergy medicines.   You know the pollen is nasty this year - very high this year.   Could you be allergic to something in your house - I was allergic to dust