Ear, Nose & Throat Community
Ear infection

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

Ear infection

I have a white looking vein on the right sound of my jaw, and the right side of the my seems full, or dull.... The right ear feels full to.. what can this be..
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hello and hope you are doing well.

Your symptoms could be due to glue ear. There are tubes called 'Eustachian  tubes' which connect the middle ear to the throat, this balances the air pressure in the ears. This tube can get  blocked due to infections of the throat, which can give lead to a feeling of fullness in the ears. This can also result in infection of the ears. The blocked ears can be opened up by the valsalva maneuver, where air is blown into the cheeks against a closed nostrils, this sometimes helps to open up the tubes. Steam inhalations and warm salt water gargles can help clear the tube. Please consult your family physician.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.