Ear pain, facial swelling, vertigo HELP
The vertigo started a few months ago and with Anitvert and time has gotten better, but has not totally subsided.  Around the same time as the vertigo I got left ear pain.  Sometimes it would sound like I had just jumped into a pool of water. About a week ago I was put on an antibiotic for a sore throat and bilateral ear pain (but more significant in the left ear).  My physician said he thought he saw some fluid in the canal of the left ear.  He also put me on a steriod step-down pack to deal with the on-again, off-again vertigo. I have been on the antibiotics for 9 days now with little relief and I finished the steriod pack, but still get dizzy on occasion.  This morning when I woke up I noticed that the left side of my face is swollen, but pain free.
Any ideas and or suggestions about what could be happening?  Thanks in advance.
Ask your doctor about trigeminal neuralgia. Physical therapy is also often helpful for treating vertigo.