Ear, Nose & Throat Community
Ear pressure, please help!

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

Ear pressure, please help!

I went to a rock concert 2 wks ago and now I am suffering from a stuffy ear (it feels as if there's water clogged in it or as if their's air pressure like if you were flying on a plane). Usually, after I go to a concert this feeling goes away within a day or two. I had a cold when I went to the concert. However, I have never experienced such stuffiness/plugged feeling. Please tell me I don't have hearing loss! What are the symptoms for hearing loss, is it stuffiness in the ear? Will this feeling ever go away? I went to the doctors and she put me on steroids for 6 days. She said that if it doesn't get better by the 6th day to call her and she'll referr me to a Ear, Nose & Throat doctor. I had a small hearing loss in my right ear years ago. But I've never experienced such stuffiness in my ear -- I never noticed it until one day I took a hearing test at school and was sent to a ENT doctor. That's why I think it could be a infection in my left ear because i've never experienced this feeling or can it be that it's a significant loss of hearing that is why I am experiencing this feeling?

Thoughts, suggestions please!! I don't notice any hearing loss. I really hope it's not and I pray so much that this feeling goes away -- it really bothers me. If you suspect that it may be hearing loss, can I regain it back? Can this stuffiness ever go away?

Thank you so much!