Ear, Nose & Throat Community
Ear ringing, pressure and sore throat

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

Ear ringing, pressure and sore throat

I have neen to two Drs, and one ENT, and I'm still having the same problems after taking 4 different antibiotics and 3 courses of predisone.  The ENT said I have fluid on my ear and it looks like allergies possibly- when he looked up in my nose with a wand, the right side was pale.  I was allergy tested and told I don't have any.  I just stepped down from 20 mg 2x day to once a day, with the prednisone, and all the problems- which had gotten better- returned.  I have the ringing in my right ear, right side of head feels full, face below jawbone is tender, throat is sore and I feel somewhat dizzy and just generally it's difficult to carry on today.   I have a CAT scan scheduled in 10 days because he wanted me better for it.  I called the ENT and they have me coming back in in 5 days(!)  to be rechecked...  I need relief.