Ear trauma

Well i was sparring last night (im a boxer) and i got a pretty good shot to the ear. I thought it would go away in the morning, but i had the same problem when i woke up the next day. The hearig in my left ear is significantly reduced and when i talk, i notice almost an echo in one side and normal hearing on the right. It feels very strange and it feels like one ear is in an airplane at high altitude about to pop, and the other ear is completely normal. Interestingly enough, when i hold my left ear down a little bit, the hearing returns to normal and my voice sounds fine. But then i release my ear and the problem returns. I have no idea what kind of damage this is and hopefully it can be repaired. I am optimistic that it can, but i would like some advice as to what to do. Thanks so much,

Matt
You probably ruptured your ear drum (bara trauma).  

There are a number of other things that may of happened too:

1) Oscicular chain disarticulation
2) Hematoma within the middel ear (basically your middle ear cavity fills up with blood)
3) rupture of the round window (but you would probably be very dizy if this were the case)

Any audiologist should be able to determine if you have had an ear drum rupture/perforation or a GP (I would hope)  

Of course an ENT can find out too.

Ear perforations are usually not the end of the world and can heal on their own without any intervention...... BUT NOT ALWAYS

good luck