Ear tubes
I just had tubes put in both ears 6 days ago. I got the flu and had both ears infected. The pressure and pain is gone, but now I'm talks by ina tunnel and my hearing is diminished. I think I'm draining, because when I use my ciprodex drops...I swear I taste it in the back of my throat. How lucky big is this gonna last? Will my hearing go back to normal? Will the tunnel in my head stop?
Hi, Sanderson,  It's good to hear that the pain and pressure is gone, that's a good sign. My husband has a tube in his right ear now and has had them in both so he understands what you are going thru.
You may have moucus  in the area of your stirrup bone that is allowing a little air to pass thru but keeping the bone from moving which  may cause the tunnel or hollow effect. Are your tubes clear? For instance, if you hold your nose and close your mouth  and GENTLY blow air, does it flow freely thru your air tubes. Don't blow too hard or you might blow your tube out of place. If you keep using the ciprodex and gently blow to loosen the debris hopefully it will flow out thru your EustacIan tube and alleviate the tunnel sound. My husband has experienced the same problems and they have improved over time but you have to keep working at it. We aren't doctors but my husband has been thru it so hopefully this will help.
Thanks for the insight. I didn't even think about it being the bones not moving probably. My ears were really plugged with mucous..so i'm assuming it will take awhile for all that junk to move. It gives me hope that it should get better. I'm just wanting my eardrum to get better as well. Today is my last day of ciprodex...so here's to my ear drying out.
It usually does take some time to get better but hopefully you are on the road to recovery. Now that you have tubes in your ears be extra careful not to get water in your ears when you shower and it's best not to submerge your whole head in a pool or jacuzzi because that can cause another infection.I noticed your other post about the circle. My husband hasn't had any problem with dry mouth he just hates the taste of it when it drains down his throat. Let me know if you have any complications we may have more suggestions for you. Good health to you!
Thanks. I finished up the 7days of medicine....now I just can't hear very well. It's only been 7 days. Now my jaw in front of my ear is sore and almost numb to the touch. I'm hoping to see the ENT doc tomorrow. I just need someone to tell me I'm healing.
Just wanted to follow-up. The ENT doc said things were healing nicely. I still had some drainage that was causing the underwater feeling. The doc said give it another week or so. I just need patience. Thank you for helping me during a dark period.
Thanks for letting me know how it went with the doc. My husband had that underwater feeling at times as well and a lot of pressure. I hope it clears up soon . Is your jaw still sore and numb?
No to the numb jaw. However, now I have thrush in my mouth from all the antibiotics...and I think I got a bit of s cold again. But, this is nothing compared to the pressure. Just taking one day at a time!
I'm glad your starting to feel better. One day at a time is a good approach, it keeps the anxiety and frustration down a bit. I hope things continue to get better for you. I'll keep an eye on the forum in case you have any more problems .