Ear, Nose & Throat Community
Ear whoosing with heartbeat and sharp stabbing pains in head

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

I have had what you would call pulsing whooshing sound thats in time with my heartbeat in my right ear since Dec. 2009, at first I thought it was just an ear infection because I was getting light headed and would lose my balance as well. I went to the doctor and she put me on a round of antibiotics for 14 days and antivert for the light headedness. The anitivert I took for 3 weeks and it seemed to help a bit but the antibiotics did nothing. The pressure and noise has gotten to the point that at times I can't hear anything else out of that ear. Starting today I started getting sharp stabbing pains in the left side of my head, they are not constant pains but are coming and going. I have migraines but I haven't had one in about 6 months. The pain I am feeling in my head is not like any headache or migraine I have ever had. I also want to mention that my throat on my right side the same side I am having probs with my ear is slightly larger than my left side. I am saving up money to go to the doctors but right now I do not have insurance and we make too much to get assistance. Does anyone know what these symptoms suggest?

Thank you
You definitely need to see an Otolaryngologist (ENT specialist) with these symptoms.  It's really difficult to speculate on this one.