Ear, Nose & Throat Community
Ear

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

Ear

I have trouble with my left ear. I feel like it is closed and sometimes when i touch on the back on the ear after bath i feel small pain. And also i notice that my hearing in the left ear is weaker. I went to a doctor, he said that is some infection  and he gave me some antibiotics  but that really didn't help. I don't feel pain often but i know that something is not right. I have this problem for almost a year and i don't know what it can be. Please tell me what can it be?
I'm scared and sometimes i think that it can be some tipe of cancer.

Relax! Do not be so apprehensive, a dull aching pain felt seldom in the post aural area is not related to any cancer. It must be inflammation of the external ear, which occurs as a result of ear cleaning or scratching the ear. If at all you are using ear buds to clean the ear, refrain from doing so. Most of your problems will be solved.

If the pain still persists, please do consult your ENT specialist for a thorough examination of the ear.

Regards
OHNS2010
i still have problems with my ear, but now i have throat ache on one side (same side with the ear) I took antibiotics but nothing helps. Please help this is happening for a while.

I just read your Problem and Im having pretty much the same Problem. im sore in one side of my Throat and when i drink something Sour or Just water there's a Pain that goes from My side of the throat to all the way to may ear... it's Annoying, did you find a cure for it?

Let me know. or anybody? Im hopping is not strep.